Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    empamcher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2006, 07:20 PM
    Flushed deodorant bottle by accident
    Accidentally, the deodorant stick was flushed this morning and disappeared. Although paper seems to be flushing, it's terribly sluggish and slow. I used wet vac to try to retrieve, but no luck. Any recommendations before I call a plumber? Thanks!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2006, 06:08 AM
    It has lodged itself in the "neck" of the toilet base. Toilet paper is hanging up on it...

Try a snake like this to dislodge it.

If that does not work you'll need to pull that toilet and turn it upside down hoping to be able to get to it from the bottom hole.

Try the snake - and let us know how it goes.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 10, 2006, 07:17 AM
    Rick gave you excellent advice about the closet auger. However some times the auger will slip right by the obstruction and the toilet will have to be pulled and gone in from the bottom and the object fished out. This is a dirty messyjob best left to us dirty messy plumbers but if you wish to try it yourself here's how. If you have used a closet auger on it and it's still clogged, chances are you will find it in the bend of the trap in the bowl. Turn off the water at the angle stop. Sponge out the tank and bowl. Remove the closet bolts and lift straight up. Have a piece of cardboard to set it on. Now tilt it over on its side. Careful, you still have about a gallon of water left in the trap. Now take a coathanger, put a hook in it and go fishing up the bottom to see if you can hook the , deodorant stick or whatevers caught up there. All you will need to reset the stool is a new wax seal. Good luck, Tom
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2006, 07:30 AM
    You could be very lucky and manage to hook it with the coat hanger from the bowl. You could even, yuck, try your hand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deodorant [ 29 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the best deodorant (or other option) to use to prevent odor under arms? Thanks

Baby bottle decay or not [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have a 21month old baby girl. We have just this week noticed a small brownish yellow stain on her tooth. She has been on a lot of steroids, and I don't know if it is from her medicines or if it is decay from milk or juice. Her enamel on her teeth does not look thick, it actually looks...

Info for Bottle Collectors [ 1 Answers ]

Just found a milk bottle dated 1911. I've got many dozens of old bottles, 95% of which have been found at 1. Former bottle dumps. Look just past old fence lines of properties. Back in the old days when all trash was burned, folks would dump their bottles over the fence "out back". If...

1-3/8" bottle trap drain connection? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I have a little problem. I'm remodeling my bathroom and am installing a basin sink. I recently purchased a chrome minimalist bottle trap from the UK. I believe it's a Hudson Reed. It's model number is EK302. Anyway, I've discovered that the drain pipe supplied with the trap that would go...

Bottle fed kittens - no bowel movements [ 1 Answers ]

We are feeding KMR to two kittens that are about 3-4 weeks old. They both weigh about 10 ounces and eat about 1/2 - 1 ounce of liquid formula twice a day. They have been urinating after every meal but we have not seen any signs of a bowel movement. We have tried to stimulate the rectum area to...

View more questions Search