Ask
    danginputt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 07:57 PM
    confererate money value
    I have $5.00 confederate bill dated February 17th 1864. What is it's value
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2008, 11:47 PM
    From my own experience as a collector of coins and paper money, the confederate bills can be worth next to nothing or a lot of money. It depends on their condition and whether they are deemed to be of value because of their rarity and how they were designed artistically.

I would also suggest taking it to a coin shop to determine if it is the real thing or not. There have been a lot of the confederate currency that has been duplicated to look like it is the real thing. If it does turn out to be a genuine Confederate currency, then it would help if someone who knows a lot about them could examine the note in person to determine a condition for it and also its possible monetary value.

You might find the information on the following sites to be helpful to you. I hope that you do.

Quick Reference Guide to U.S. Paper Money Values

A quote from the site above:

Confederate Currency

All genuine Confederate currency has some collector value, although most of the 1864 issue notes are very common (an exception being the $500 note, which is common but popular and is worth from $200 to $400 depending on condition). Earlier issues range from common to rare. All issues from 1861 in Montgomery are very valuable, and we suggest consultation with one of our currency experts if you have such a note. Replicas of Confederate currency are quite common, and are often printed on crisp, brown paper that appears antique. Genuine notes are hand-signed and numbered, and the replicas appear to be hand-signed and numbered as well, although close inspection will easily determine that the signatures on replicas are printed in the same ink as on the rest of the bill. Contemporary counterfeits made to circulate at the time of issue have collector value ranging from $10 to $100 or more depending on condition and the specific circumstances of issue.
    The quote below is from the following site:

Confederate States of America Currency - Collection and Sales

Today, the value of these notes is far from worthless. Their prices range from under one hundred dollars for the most common and heavily printed series, to the tens of thousands for the rarest. Most of the heavily printed issues are still available to some extent, while the less common series are getting extremely hard to find. One thing is certain though, all Confederate currency makes as a good investment and has shown to steadily increase in value over the years.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2008, 11:53 PM
    You will find similar items listed on the following site. There are also some possible monetary values listed.

eBay – confederate money, confederate coin and confederate currency items on eBay.com. Find IT on eBay.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danginputt
    I have $5.00 confederate bill dated February 17th 1864. What is it's value
    Danginputt- I need to knowmore information on the Conf $5.00 Bill uyou have . Then I can Probley answer your question.;;( What is the signuture { S}on the front side. Colors. Where was the bill printed at . Any other special markings, Who's pictured on front?? IF you can post it on here. Have a good day :good luck, & GOD BLESS:::: F,B,E.:) :) :eek: :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

What artist sings "money money money" [ 5 Answers ]

I can't find the song "money money money" listed anywhere.(I think that's what the title is) I don't know the artist.

How much money [ 4 Answers ]

About how much money will I make?

Money [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get money? Since I do not any?

View more questions Search