Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonimattice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 03:03 PM
    Im looking for my birth family .I was born in 1971 at Tampa General Hospital . Where do I start
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 03:32 PM
    First decide why you want to find them.

Think of what you expect to find, and are you able to handle finding something that you may not want to.

A lot of findings are not nice like you see on ophah but the perosn looking will find that they don't want to know him even told they wish they had a adortion instead. This happens all the time. The search people don't tell you that, since they would lose the hits to their web sites and lose that advertising dollars.

Next you question your real family, ( adopted parents) it is very possible they know the names of the people, see if they have a copy of the adoption paper work

Beyond that you post your information on many of the web sites for people to search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a minor birth mother's parents relinquish rights to the birth father? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, Here's the situation: the soon-to-be birth mother is 16, still living with her parents and attending school. The birth father is 18, still lives with his parents but has a job and is generally responsible. The parents of the birth mother want her to put the baby up for adoption and move on...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

Looking for mom's birth family [ 1 Answers ]

MY mom was born in October 8,1956. She was given up for adoption and is looking for her birth family and is not having any luck, so I thought I would help. I know she has 6 siblings I believe all older. Her birth mothers name is luthera. Her birth last name was heekin.

Birth Certificate Problem for Family Tree [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone! I recently started to do a Family Tree and I barely began when I already ran in to a problem. I ordered my Grandfather's birth certificate (who is now deceased) and I received a call from the records department and they said there was a problem with it. ALL of the information...

Looking for my birth family. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I was adopted when I was 2 and now being 18 I would like to find my family. My name is jennifer and my moms name was michelle... she died when I was about 9 years old. My middle name was also michelle... my fathers name was david, he was a boyfriend of my moms that my grandmother invited to...

View more questions Search