Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jim Staelgraeve Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2006, 05:34 PM
    ISDN PRI Signaling Across Carriers
    I have a combination of LD carriers with multiple local carriers. This scenario is Qwest as the provider of the longhaul and SBC as the local carrier.

I had a situation late yesterday where my PBX rebooted. The recovery time was approx 7-8 minutes. When the switch came back up we looked at the T1's in the switch and saw all D & B channels up on all 27 T1's.

Approx. 2.5 hrs later, 6 of my T1's (last mile being SBC) lost their D & B channels. There was carrier signal (green light on the CSU's) on the T1's but there was no traffic. I didn't see this until 6am the next day.

To make a long story short, Qwest looked into this from 7:20am until 9:15am and realized that they needed to down the PRI's and bring them back up in their switch. The PRI's came up and I maxed out my trunk group as fast as they came up.

Here's the question. My circuits come from Qwest and come through a DAC at SBC to get to my facility. Can SBC keep those D & B channels up for that long of a period (2.5hrs) before my switch was notified there was no D or B channels up from QWEST??

I feel the answer is "no" and that QWEST 2.5hrs later took the D & B channels down and is telling me that it was my switch that caused it.

Had to paint the picture before getting to the question.

Insight would be great! Thanks!:cool:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 9, 2006, 06:24 PM
    Have you spoken to SBC about this issue, as they own the last mile I would have thought that it is down to them to resolve it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ISDN and Routers [ 6 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I have an older Cisco 1003 ISDN router setup for one of my software suppliers to access a server on my network. It only allows access to one IP address, the box they support. Now I need to change the routing table to allow access to two other IP's for remote desktop...

Doubt - Signaling [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Can you please tell me what is mean by Data Transfer and Signaling Transfer.Also,please spot out the difference between them. Regards, Krishnan.

Information about (DSL, ISDN.. etc ) services [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings, 1. I need a description in detail of the listed services below including there prices with different vendors if possible , also I need some internet sites that have detail information about them. Services: - DSL: (digital subscriber line) - ISDN: (internet services digital...

View more questions Search