Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leewain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 02:00 PM
    Thermostat Wiring
    Hello,(first time user)
    Switching from Honeywell manual to Noma Programmable.
    Manual has 5 wires connected as follows;
    RH-black, RC-red, W-white, Y-orange, G-blue
    All had their own terminals with no visible jumper.

Honeywell provides for 4 connections G, R, Y, W where G is fan relay, Y is cooling relay, W is heating relay and R not sure.

Do I place the RH(black) and RC(red) together on the new R terminal and the remaining W, Y, G as indicated in wiring instructions.

Thanks in advance - Lee
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 03:44 PM
    First advice toss the Noma Programmable thermostat. They are junk. Next buy a Honeywell programmable and repost if you have any questions on the Honeywell thermostat.

Noma is just a cheap piece of junk in my opinion. There failure rate right out of the box is very high.
    leewain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    First advice toss the Noma Programmable thermostat. They are junk. Next buy a Honeywell programable and repost if you have any questions on the Honeywell thermostat.

Noma is just a cheap piece of junk in my opinion. There failure rate right out of the box is very high.

Thanks for the quick response. I wish I had come here first before buying. I see from many of the questions/answers here that Noma is junk. It is very hard to find any type of product that isn't made in China. I think that much of Canada/USA economic problems are related to retailers buying this offshore garbage. North American manufacturers are going to have to step up and take over the market again.
    Thanks again, I will be taking your advice.
    Lee
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 21, 2008, 07:03 AM
    Ross Perot was right! Listen, I hear a huge sucking sound. Could it be US jobs being flushed out of the US?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat Wiring - From Two to One Thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

Currently my central a/c unit is hooked up to a Honeywell CT3500 Programmable Thermostat. I've noticed that the thermostat can handle heat as well as cooling. My furnace is hooked-up to an older manual thermostat. It is a simple 2 wire set-up - red & white. Could the furnace be hooked-up to the...

Wiring a thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A Honeywell Ct70 Thermostat. I Have A Red Wire Going To The R Termimal, Green Going To G, White Going To O,yellow Going To Y1, Blue Going To E With A Jumper Going To W1. My New Thermostatis A Honeywell Rth3100c With Terminals E,aux,y,g,o,l,r,b,c. How Can I Wire This Up Please Help Me.

Honeywell wiring different from old thermostat wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a non-programmable digital thermostat to replace an analog thermostat with wiring red, white yellow and black. How do I match the wiring? HELP!!

Thermostat wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I had replaced a new Noma 5+1+1 thermostat last winter, our furnace ran OK with temp control. Today, when I trun on the cool air conditioner, the a/c is on but the blower does not respond. If I turn off the automatic cool a/c switch, I can manually turn on the blower. I do believe there...

Thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

HI to everyone-- my older trane thermostat model taystat241 has a 5 wire hook-up Y1=yello W1=white--W2=blue--G=green--R=red----I want to hook up a honeywell RTH7500 programmable in it's place Need to know the best way, I'm confused by the guide!

View more questions Search