Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john102653 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2006, 05:32 PM
    Verb tense agreement
    In this sentence:

If you are a creative person by nature, or are interested in applying high-tech visual tools and programs to enchance your career, take a closer look at MU's graduate certificate and Master of Science in Multimedia Technology.

Do we need the second are as in are interested.
    Mooshie Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2006, 08:56 PM
    Yes, you need the second "are," and you need to ditch the comma. Change this to "If you are a creative person by nature or are interested in..."

Big points for not misplacing any apostrophes, though!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Errors in verbs followed by verb words [ 2 Answers ]

Incorrect: It is essential that you are on time. Correct: It is essential that you be on time. Incorrect: He suggested that we should meet at the train. Correct: He suggested that we meet ate the train. Please can you tell me what is the logic behind using "be" instead of "are" in the...

Subject and verb agreement [ 2 Answers ]

Are these two sentences correct regarding subject and verb agreement? I am having trouble rationalizing why the second should get "are." 1. A small percentage of people is severely color challenged. Subject: percentage. Verb: Is 2. Some 5% to 8% of males and 0.5% of females are born with...

Prenuptual Agreement [ 8 Answers ]

I have been working hard and saving money since high school and I expect to inherit some money in the fairly distant future. How can I ensure that I don't lose half of my assets if I get married and she turns out to be a goldigger who divorces me in a year or two. I have heard that prenuptual...

NEED HELP --Lease agreement [ 3 Answers ]

On April 18 I filled out an application for an apartment for June 1 and gave a $649 deposit to be held for last month rent. The next day they called and let me know I got the apartment. Since then I got back together with my girlfrend and moved back with her. I contacted the apartment company on...

Non-compete agreement [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if a non-compete agreement is legally binding in Pennsylvania in sales

View more questions Search