Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JEPACE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2006, 02:49 PM
    FICA (SS/Med) Tax on Insurance Premium
    My question is two fold -

1) How do you know if the employee paid portion of health insurance is considered pre-tax?

2) If it is considered pre-tax then is it pre-tax for FIT only or FICA (SS/Med) as well?

I have been treating it like I do 401K which is pre-tax for FIT and not FICA - but now I am not so sure... I think it might be pre-tax for both...

Any thoughts would be helpful!

JP
    bkmkah Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2011, 10:19 AM
    Penalties for medicare part B. I have been covered with my own health plan with the city of Boston. Now they want me to add part B on my medicare. How do I do it without a penalty Mike... [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to pay the FICA Tax? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi,Expert: I am a J-1 holder from China and doing Postdoctoral researcher associate in a University in USA now. I arrived USA in Oct. 2004. I found in my first month payroll of 2006,there is FICA tax has been withheld. Normally there are two years for all J-1 visa holders have Taxes exemption....

F1, opt and fica tax [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question about the Social Secuirty and Medicare Taxes. I came to US As a F1 student in sep. 2000. I began my OPT in July, 2005. And my H1b started at Jan. 1, 2006. Since I was a F1-Student in the whole year of 2005. Neither my university, nor my current company deducted these two types of...

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

J1 Fica [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am on a J1 since Nov 2003. For 2003, I filed Non-resident alien and for 2004 I filed Resident alien taxes. But the whole of 2005, my Employer deducted FICA from my paycheck. In Sep 2005 I changed the Employer who will give me a 5 year J1. They don't deduct my FICA but only the Federal &...

View more questions Search