Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beady Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Heat Pump Mystery- fan won't shut off, even w/ new board.
    No matter what, I can't get blower fan to shut off. I set thermostat fan switch to off- it still runs; I set thermostat system to off, it still runs. I changed the control board- no effect. I can find no limit switch. Anyone know what it might be? It's a Bryant H.Pump.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Sounds like the temp switch is stuck. The fan thinks there is heat, so will run until it falls below a certain temp.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump condensing unit will not shut off [ 4 Answers ]

My heat pump condensing unit has been running for several hours now without shutting off. It is blowing out cool air. When I turn unit off manually and turn back on, you can feel the heat for a few minutes and then it goes back to cool. Please help...

Heat pump wiring?control board [ 2 Answers ]

I got a call for replacing a T-stat... (for home). The York heat pump... after replace with the new one. I found the blown fuse at the airhandler... changed... now I have the blower up and now the electric heat is temporarily used but the unit outside is not running... In heating mode : the unit...

Well pump won't shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Jet pump won't shut-off. I just preplaced the pressure switch because it was leaking and now the pump builds to about 20lb and the pressure gage starts to bounce around. When the pump is unpluged the pressure in the pressure tank drops to 0. Pressure tank is 4 years old (air at 23 psi). I tried...

Heat Pump will not shut off [ 53 Answers ]

I have a Bryant heat pump that was used very little over the winter. When I went to turn on the air conditioning a few days ago, the outdoor unit would not come on, but the indoor fan and thermostat appeared to be working fine. I checked the contactor and it was not pulling in, when I pushed it...

How To Solve The Ouija Board Mystery [ 5 Answers ]

Want to join me in a Ouija Board discusion? Check out this page and let me know what you think - Ouija Board Blindfold Experiment The Straight Dope Mailbag: The Straight Dope Mailbag: How does a Ouija board work?

View more questions Search