Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    izayah2003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Abandonment
    I live in Texas been living hear for 7 months my ex lives in Arizona I've had my kids for 2 years and she has not seen them in 2 years since I have been gone she has had one abortion and now she is giving a baby up for adoption I need to know if this fuls under abandonment in the state of Texas
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by izayah2003
    i live in texas been living hear for 7 months my ex lives in arizona iv had my kids for 2 years and she has not seen them in 2 years since i have been gone she has had one abortion and now she is giving a baby up for adoption i need to know if this fuls under abandonment in the state of texas

I don't know about Texas and/or Arizona law but I do know the abortion and adoption have nothing to do with the abandonment issue.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 19, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    I don't know about Texas and/or Arizona law but I do know the abortion and adoption have nothing to do with the abandonment issue.
    It may very well have a lot to do with it as it can be considered by the courts as actions taken to show disinterest in having children. If she refuses to participate then those issues can and will be given weight when making a decision.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3
    It may very well have alot to do with it as it can be considered by the courts as actions taken to show disinterest in having children. If she refuses to participate then those issues can and will be given weight when making a decision.

I can only speak for NYS but in NYS these are entirely different issues - the fact that the mother choses abortion as a means of birth control or has a child and decides for whatever reason to put the child up for adoption does NOT mean she has no interest in the first child.

People involved in custody fights very often bring up this issue in the context of "I heard that ..." and I have never seen the Court entertain it. As I said, perhaps your experience in Court is different from mine.

What do you mean by "If she refuses to participate then those issues can and will be given weight ..."? Participate in what?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2008, 03:30 PM
    I guess the issue is what do you expect or want if this is abandonmnet ?
    If the mother is not having any part of the child's life, already, the best you may do is have the mothers rights taken away. And she is not using any of those rights now anyway.

You may be more intersted in inforcing child support and makingher pay.

Now if you have another partner that wants to adopt, you may ask forher to sign her rights to the child away.

Also no matter how bad you and I may believe killing a child is ( abortion) that is not used by the courts today showing a mother is unworthy and not relasted to the case with your child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

My ex have not seen my (our son) since he was born, he's two now. Would this be consider abandonment? How long until it is considered abandonment. We live in California. Thank you for your time and answer.

Is this abandonment? [ 2 Answers ]

HI I have 4 children ages 8, 4, 3, 1 my 8 and 4 year old are from a previous relationship I left my ex when my 4 year old was 3 months old. And my boyfriend is the only father the 4 year old knows. The first year my ex and I separated he stuck to our agreement that he would take his kids every...

Abandonment [ 8 Answers ]

Hello: Can someone tell me the advantages and benefits of having a parent declared to have abandoned his children? excon

Abandonment [ 4 Answers ]

Can the mother of a kid give the kid to the father for 10 months at a time and not have to do anything for the kid or even see the kid, would that be abandonment?

Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 8 year old daugther that her real father has never seen her and I was wondering how long does it have to be before she is considered being abandon even if he is paying child support? Please help I am very confused:confused:

View more questions Search