Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cltuser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Cannot print from Outlook Express or Internet Explorer 7 (IE7)
    I cannot print any note from Outlook Express or Internet Explorer 7. I'm not sure, but this may have started at the same time that the upgrade to IE7 installed itself on this computer. Here is the text of the error I see, which is always the same:

Internet Explorer Script Error
    ---------------------------------
    An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line:
    Char:
    Error:
    Code:
    URL:

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

It is interesting that there is no information displayed after Line, Char, etc. Hitting either the YES or NO button on this seems to have no effect - I've hit both over 100 times and the window stays there. If I hit the X on the window to close it, it comes back around 50 times but then finally goes away.

The problem occurs in IE when I hit the PRINT button on the toolbar, when I use File/Print, or when I use File/Print Preview or File/Page Setup.

I did not have this problem until recently. As I said above, it seems suspicious that IE7 installed itself around the same time, but I'm not sure if they really happened at the same time.

It occurs regardless of the settings in advanced options for any of these:
    - Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)
    - Disable script debugging (Other)
    - Display a notification about every script error
    - Enable third party browser extensions

Other printing works fine - for example, I can print fine from Firefox or when using the Windows built-in feature to print JPG image files.

So - I'm at a complete loss on what to do to fix this. Help!

** update **
    I just discovered one additional very interesting fact about this problem. We have multiple user accounts on this (Windows XP) system, and THE PROBLEM ONLY OCCURS ON ONE OF THOSE ACCOUNTS. When I log on to a different account, IE7 printing works fine.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2012, 05:47 PM
    Check the account that is having the problem and make sure Explorer is the "default" browser for that user.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can not print an e-mail from Outlook Express 2003 [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I try and print an e-mail from Outlook Express 2003 I get an error message. An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 2021 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified error. Code: 0 URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg

Outlook Express 6 shuts down when I try to print [ 6 Answers ]

I am using Windows XP and Outlook Express 6. When I try to print an email, either by clicking on the Print button on the toolbar or by selecting "File" and then "Print," the program immediately shuts down. I am able to print in Microsoft Explorer just fine. I have tried uninstalling and...

Outlook express won't print [ 2 Answers ]

Does Any One Know A True Answer To This Bug. Res://ieframe.dll.preview.dlg/ And Asks Do I Want To Continue Running Scripts.but Won't Print Emails... problem Was Happening Before But Resolved When I Went To Any Earlier Restore Point But Now Come Back .only Occurs In Outlook Express(even Outlook...

Unable to Print the mails from Outlook express but do not give any error too. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello every one,I import all of my mails from Microsot Outlook to Outlook express.There is no problem in sending and receiving the mails.But the problem is that I can give the command to print the mails from outlook express.But no print will come and no error too.When opened the printer,there is no...

No Print Preview In Outlook Express! Please Help! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I often print emails from Outlook Express. If the email I print just contains text its OK but if it has pictures attached it prints them as well regardless to if you want it to or not. Sometimes if an email has been forwarded lots of times there are lots of addresses and other unwanted...

View more questions Search