Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstbreal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 03:20 AM
    What's wrong with me
    I have been in a relationship for about 3.5 year just a year and a half ago, my other half cheated, I found out, and ever since we been trying to work it out. How can I work it out if he continues to call this person. The excuse he gives is we are just friends. Not according to the things I heard on the voice mail. Now I happen to go through my cell phone bill and notice he is still calling her. Even on the day he took me out for my birthday. Now he said he thinks we need to take a break. I agreed. The hard part is I want to move back to Pennsylvania, and I think he will stop me because of the child we have together. Can he stop me?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2008, 03:36 AM
    I do feel for you going through what you are.

It would be helpful to have a little more information from you here concerning this. Did he sign the birth certificate as being the child's father?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2008, 06:10 AM
    jstbrea,

I take it you are not married? In that case he cannot stop you from moving away, unless he tries to get a court order to prevent you from leaving. He may be your child's father but he has very little say in where you choose to live with your child. If it comes to it don't tell him. Simply say that you are taking a break too and going to stay with some family members. Don't let anyone keep you trapped in a place where you don't want to be, even if you have to fight tooth and nail.
    VERY HURT817 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2008, 09:09 AM
    I'm so sorry to read what your going through. Being betrayed by the one you love is the most hurtful thing to experience. If you see he still talks to her it's a clear sign that he must still be with her. I would not be able to accept even the friendship, all communication should have been lost. He should have tried to give you the world after breaking your heart. The only way the father of your child can stop you is by having a court order that you can't leave with your child besides that your free to go. It might be a good change for you to get away from the hurt. Unfortunately easier said than done. When you open your eyes on your own you will know what's best. Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jstbreal
    i have been in a relationship for about 3.5 year just a year and a half ago, my other half cheated, i found out, and ever since we been trying to work it out. How can i work it out if he continues to call this person. the excuse he gives is we are just friends. not according to the things i heard on the voice mail. now i happen to go through my cell phone bill and notice he is still calling her. even on the day he took me out for my bday. now he said he thinks we need to take a break. i agreed. the hard part is i want to move back to Pennsylvania, and i think he will stop me because of the child we have together. Can he stop me?

First no, you may be trying to work it out, but your partner is not, If he really wanted to work it out, he would stop all contact with this person, of course they are his friend, they are having sex and most likely still having sex since they continue to talk and message.

And of course he can't stop you, unless there is a child custody order in place that says you can't move, you are free to go anywhere you want now. After you split and you get a court oder for custody and support then there can be restrictions.

So you want to get a court order of custody ASAP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is wrong? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok. Well I'm a girl teenager. Am sexually active but haven't been for about 8 or 9 months. But every now and then I have days whre I shouldn't even leave the bathroom. Like let me explain normal day I'll pee like I don't know 5 or 6 times just like a normal person but, then every now and then...

Did I do the wrong way or what is best? [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks for the answers I've got and I guess I agree to all you said but right now I am more focus of getting him back which gives a negative effects on me. I might be wrong of doing so but for me there's nothing wrong of doing what you thought is right and could make you happy as long as you're not...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

Did I do something wrong? [ 12 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend, who used to be my ex, and now I don't know how I feel about him anymore. Its like he screwed up so many times by lying and doing stupid things that now he is trying to change and I just can't trust him anymore. Ive liked the same person for 3 and haft years now, we were in...

Am I wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

Its been two months since the love of my life passed away. And I was wondering am I wrong for not going to his resting site to see him yet? Im not strong enough, I wanted to go see him for christmas but Im not ready too because I know I'm still very sad.People keep saying that I need to go but what...

View more questions Search