Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Jan 8, 2006, 11:10 PM
    Best wash sale SW available?
    Anyone used a wash sale SW? If so, please let me know what you think about it.

I need a wash sale SW that can caculate various scenarios. I bought and sold a same stock many times this year. One resulted in a loss which fell into a wash sale situation. I want to claim the full loss for 2005 and not carry the wash sale to 2006. I am hoping there is a SW that can automatically calculate various scenarios such that it can choose best possible option for my situation.

Thanks in advance.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2006, 04:58 AM
    What is a "wash sale SW"?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 9, 2006, 07:02 AM
    Rickj:

"Wash sale SW" is "wash sale software".

Rkim291968:

I believe that it is financial software that uses Monte Carlo modeling in order to best determine the proper procedure for tax reporting of multiple transactions on the same stock. I am sure such software exists, but is likely not readily available to the laymen. You may need to contact a financial professional, probably a Certified Financial Planner, to gain access to such software. Buying it yourself is not really an option due to the expense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sperm wash [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm HIV positive married man. We planning to have child, and try to do sperm wash in Italy, or any other European country. Is any information available, where and how to apply for this? Much, much thanks for any info. Peter

Sale of property for $1 [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to sell property to an older sister for $1 to prevent a ex-wife from putting a lien on it. It is in PA

Property Sale/inheritance Law [ 1 Answers ]

My brother, sister and I were raised by our great-aunt. She passed away nearly 10 yrs. Ago. The house and property she lived in at the time is still in her name. My brother has been taking care of upkeep and taxes for all of these years. And it was decided among the 3 of us that the house should be...

Dry vent or wash [ 1 Answers ]

This forum is very informative and hopefully someone can help me... Our plumbing inspector has informed my husband that our trap and vent in our bathroom is not washed (or dryvented) correctly. And/or the main stack is not washed correctly. Can anyone explain this to me please!! Thank you, Tami

View more questions Search