Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    icicle01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2006, 10:46 PM
    Should I relocate?
    Hello,

I have been working in the Houston area as an accountant for the past seven years (general accounting for 5 years and governmental accounting for 2 years). I graduated from UT-Austin and became a CPA two years ago. I have been sending out resumes since May 2005, however, I've gotten no job offers. Should I try looking outside of the Houston area for a job? Some of my friends believe that there is a lot of competition for jobs. If I decide to relocate, what part of the country would be more favorable?

Thanks.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2006, 11:02 PM
    Ask yourself, where in the world would you like to live?

Now look for job opportunities in that area.

That way you can try to find a job in the area you wish to live.

I am not familiar with government jobs in Texas, but I thought that government jobs were good because of seniority, high pay, pension.
    swalther Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Try Dallas. That city is FULL of jobs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I relocate a main service panel? [ 4 Answers ]

I need to move my main service panel about 20 feet. All of the branch feeder wires need to be longer to reach the new box. How do I extend them?

Relocate washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to relocate my washing machine from an interior room with a washer hookup to a large bedroom closet. The new washer site would be against a wall with bath/shower plumbing. I have no understanding of how plumbing works... before I mention anything to the husband, is it possible to...

View more questions Search