Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moe418 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2006, 10:41 PM
    Noisey Hampton Bay Fans
    I purchased and installed four Hampton Bay fans. Two of the fans make a terrible rattling noise when they are on high speed and occasionally when they are on medium speed. The other two, seem to be fine at all speeds. The model of the fans is the Redington IV. Any suggestion?:confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2006, 08:12 AM
    If you have gone back and checked to make sure everything is tight, and checked the sticky at the top of the electrical and lighting page, take them back as defective. Home Depot is good about having people to ask questions. Haven't heard enough of their answers to give odds on getting a good one. May as well try before taking the fans down.
    wheatnbarley24 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2006, 04:49 PM
    If it is the quick connect type I have this problem with them all the time. I just quit installing them all together
    Borewyrm Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2006, 06:30 PM
    Did you balance them?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 08:38 PM
    Ok, first thing is to check and be certain all screws and attachments are tight.

Otherwise, here are troubleshooting instructions for noisy fans:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...ng-and-FAQ.php

Balancing the fan may also help.. . I believe this is covered in the troubleshooting instructions, but if not, here is a document on balancing a fan:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/b...ing-issues.php

Boy I'm helpful!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 8 Answers ]

The Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan information has been moved here.

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 8 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that had beautiful ceiling fan in the master bedroom. This fan's blades have a ticking noise that increases as the speed is turned up. They are the snap in type blade not screw-in. I have tried to remove and replace them, used shims, and balanced the fan over and over...

Hampton bay remote and fans [ 3 Answers ]

OK I moved into this house and there are two hampton bay fans with lights On both fans the lights do not work. On one of the fans I cannot get the Fan to go on to whatever speed I want, it is at the lowest and will not change. Now I found a remote here from hampton bay and someone things it...

Hampton Bay ceiling fans [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan purchased from Home Depot. The fan has a globe lamp just above the four light bulb outlets below the fan blades. My question is what is the best way to change the small light bulbs that have burned out inside the globe lamp? Do I have to take the whole fan down or...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed two Hampton Bay 60" Industrial Ceiling Fans (Model # 158 987) on the same electrical circuit. Unfortunately, I had installed the circuit before I purchased the fans. I now find that the 4 speed fan switch is not strong enough to properly operate both fans. They spin on the two...

View more questions Search