Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daehnolem Posts: 61, Reputation: 12

Jan 8, 2006, 09:44 PM
    A question about walnuts...
    Hi all, I'm new to this board, but I've done a bit of moonlighting on the Pets and Animals board. My baby lab Annie can be seen as my portrait. My husband and I have just started trying to conceive. Now, I know as much as I want it to happen right away, it will probably take awhile. I wanted some advice. My husband and I are both young and healthy, and we've never tried getting pregnant before. He has one testicle and has had only one since he was born. The other has to be pulled from his abdomen and it atrophied. I'm not particularly concerned that his sperm count will be too low to achieve pregnancy. It only takes one. I'm just trying to decide whether we should limit our sex to every other day to let his boys recharge or if we can have sex every day for a better chance of conception leading up to and during ovulation. I have a pretty regular cycle, and I'm pretty in tune with my body, so I just figured we'd have a lot of sex the week preceding ovulation, and a couple of days after, just to make sure we hit the right day. We don't want to go to a doc to get his sperm count at least until we've been unsuccessful for a year. Like I said, I'm not too worried about that. We're young, we don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. I realize that sometimes perfectly healthy couples have problems, but we haven't even nearly reached that stage. So, anyway, back to my question: every day or every other day? Thanks!

-B
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2006, 10:45 AM
    Every other day is the rule of thumb to allow him to recharge his sperm count so by every other day he will be at his max (whether with one walnut or two :p )
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 13, 2006, 03:54 PM
    Funny you should mention this subject, as I just recently saw a documentary that stated that if a man has only one testicle, it produces twice as much as if a man had two. So there should be no worry in that department. However, if he is used to taking very hot showers daily or going to whirlpool or sauna, keep him away from there. It's been proven that the cooler the scrotum is, the more sperm are produced and are more in number and stronger going up the canal to finally be fertile upon ejaculation - as that's when they are fully developed. The myth of tight underwear does not count here either, so don't make him change his undies - just make him keep 'cool'. Welcome to the forum. Belated Happy New Year, and hope your wish comes true, Chery

fayeikenes Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2006, 05:50 PM
    Walnuts
    I think you both should eat walnuts for the Omega - 3 fatty acids. It has been know to help with conception - despite the pun - I'm not kidding.
    FEikenes, CDN (Nutritionist)
    daehnolem Posts: 61, Reputation: 12

Jan 13, 2006, 11:47 PM
    Wow, that sounds good. We both like walnuts anyway. Also, thanks so much for the info, Chery! I appreciate it. I haven't heard a lot about the subject.

-B
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 14, 2006, 12:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by daehnolem
    Wow, that sounds good. We both like walnuts anyway. Also, thanks so much for the info, Chery! I appreciate it. I haven't heard a lot about the subject.

-B
    Very welcome dear, not all of us are interested in the medical field, but when I 'played doctor' I really gave it all I had - and had some very great teachers who are now famous in their specialties, until I became ill myself, now I'm into therapy at home on the phone and on the network, and still like to keep up with news in my field and love to share and help people wherever I can.

Have a happy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search