Ask
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 09:51 AM
    If you use eBay -- you really need this program
    I really like this program -- I copy the number of an eBay auction

Paste it in the program and enter amount I want to pay

It waits until the last seconds of auction and makes a bid

https://www.ezsniper.com/ -- Set it and forget it!

It can watch your auction and place your bid -- 24/7

Some times you miss an auction -- lose track of time

You are not caught up in a bidding frensie -- win most auctions

Just won an auction --- it only cost me 10 cents
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 07:24 PM
    I have heard that those "programs" can actually get you banned from Ebay if you are caught using them. Why don't you just play and bid like everyone else does.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 07:51 PM
    I don't know biggsie, I clicked on that link and my computer went crazy, there was warings that a program was trying to change my home page, a warning that a program was trying to change my search engine default. I had to go off line to make it stop and I am still getting that searh engine change warning about every 1mintues since I have been there and logged back on.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 19, 2008, 02:08 AM
    While it sounds like a good idea, I'm loathed to give my Ebay information out to a site I'm not sure about.
    The same goes for these "Ebay toolbars" that are all over the place.

I advise CAUTION with this product.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2008, 09:46 AM
    I actually learned about this site back when I had dialup connection

I would see something I wanted but ended up in a battle at the end

Very time consuming and frustrating to work with dial up and beaten

By high speed internet, now I place a bid and forget it

This allows me to spend more time on Ask Me Help Desk
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2008, 03:47 PM
    Like I said biggsie, the best way to do Ebay is just keep bidding until you win. Dial up doesn't stop me from winning auctions. I just don't try and be a cheapskate and winning everything. Sometimes I am outbid, but oh well, guess it was not meant for me to own.

I wouldn't use it if I were you even if you like it as it could hijack a lot of sensitive info from your computer and you don't know it.
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2008, 07:45 PM
    I am not a cheapskate as you suggest -- I bid what I feel an item is worth to me...

I used to set a timer and try to get in the bidding frenzie -- enter -- bid -- refresh

Very frustrating being outbid -- most people just use eBay proxy bidding

Can you tell me what the difference is between EBAY proxy and https://www.ezsniper.com/

You enter a bid and eBay snipes it for you --- any answer

It really is a relief to know I can bid when I want and not worry you

Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    Like I said biggsie, the best way to do Ebay is just keep bidding until you win. Dial up doesn't stop me from winning auctions. I just don't try and be a cheapskate and winning everything. Sometimes I am outbid, but oh well, guess it was not meant for me to own.

I wouldn't use it if I were you even if you like it as it could hijack a lot of sensitive info from your computer and you don't know it.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Jan 22, 2008, 06:21 AM
    I purchase allot of items from eBay and most of my purchases I snipe out. Meaning waiting for the very last second to make a bid and get it as cheep as I can get it. It would be nice to have a program that will help you out with it. I would like to know more about this program and your past and present experiences with it.
    85Dave Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Jan 23, 2008, 11:02 AM
    I tried a similar program but eBay sent me a message one day and so after that I stopped using it. I have had my account closed for over a year because eBay messed up on my paperwork one time. It was so annoying to try and contact them but I eventually called and got though to someone who helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to use Ebay [ 10 Answers ]

I've never used Ebay and don't know how it works. I'm trying to sell a couple of products and also would like to buy something I have, and don't know how to start. What do I do??

Like eBay [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a site that has online auctions like eBay where it is free to join and bid I want to bid on a Myer Coles Group Gift Card ($300- $500) please help me out THANKS

Ebay [ 5 Answers ]

I buy a lot of little things I find on Ebay and it got me wondering. Don't these sellers have to pay taxes on these sales? While I buy just a few items, I noticed that at times they are from the same seller, and they have hundreds of item listed. Thank you.

I can't access eBay [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I have been unable to access eBay. I have found various help topics for this but am having trouble following them It is suggested that my 'Hosts' may have been tampered with and I have tried to look on : C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts by opening with notepad but it only gives...

EBay [ 10 Answers ]

Let's say I just won my first bid on eBay. What is proper etiquette, normally? Should I pay immediately, or should I wait a few days until I get the product and then pay?

View more questions Search