Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyperkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Breech Baby, really bad Rib Ache
    I am 32 weeks Pregnant and my widwife has told me that me Baby is in the breech position. I have been sufferinf for the last 3-4 weeks with really bad aches in the right hand side of my ribs (under my breast) and in my back, am sure there gonne pop out. Are these pains normal.. even with a breech baby.. and is there anything I can do to ease it.. My baby moves around A lot, although doesn't seem to want to move into the head down position.. This is my first pregnancy..
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 09:53 AM
    In my last three months with my Michele it felt like my rib on my right side was cracked.
    I couldn't stand, walk, sit, lay down, breath, take a relaxing bath or anything without the constant ache. She wasn't breech and I lived. One day it will be a faded memory. In the meantime keep checking with your midwife to make sure the baby is doing fine and relax as much as possible. Other than that I hope somebody can come up with a solution for you.
    moreheadcity Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 08:10 PM
    Go get some bloodwork and make sure you are not developing HELLP syndrome, a life threatening condition. Your symptoms match.
    linds03 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 10:57 PM
    I've heard this sometimes works: My boss (who is a nurse) told me that when she was in her 3rd trimester and the baby was breach, she got down on her hands and knees (not sure how long it took) but the change in position made the baby move around to the correct place. Hey! It's worth a shot!
    newmummy Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2008, 05:07 AM
    Hi when I was pregnant I had the same problem and I'm am a very very tiny girl that was in a lot of pain with ribs and back and all I used was deep heat well it was like deep heat except called a different name I can't think of what its called but that helped me a lot especially when it was time to sleep without that I couldn't sleep also try hot packs they are good too hope this helps I no how painful it is except I had it from 25 weeks onwards as I said I'm very small in size people always say I look at you and you baby and think how could she have pushed a baby out lol
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by moreheadcity
    Go get some bloodwork and make sure you are not developing HELLP syndrome, a life threatening condition. Your symptoms match.
    Well, only the right upper quadrant pain matches. The other symptoms of HELLP syndrome are nausea and vomiting, generalized fatigue, and severe swelling. Do you have any of these? If not, then you are experiencing pregnancy. LOL

Since baby is breech at this point, there is still time for baby to go into the head down position. Has your doctor or midwife discussed the possibility of a C-Section should the baby remain breech? Vaginal delivery with a breech baby is extremely dangerous to both mother and baby.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stomach ache [ 2 Answers ]

I have had pelvic pain for about a week with a late period. I am not sexualy active so there for there is not possibilities of being pregnant! What is wrong with me?

What if you fraudulantly committed Breech of contract. [ 3 Answers ]

If you have an ex-wife that blatenly committed Fraud to try and sell a house and was caught by me and I turned her in by letting the Title Company and Real Estate Company know. The filed for Breech of contract on the Sale of the house. What do you think will happen?

Bounce rent check / breech of lease [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I am a little confused on what I need to do. I am the landlord and I have a one year lease with this tenant that is effective till 8/31/07. Problem #1 one the lease the date was written out incorrectly - the realtor wrote lease is to start on 8/31/06 and ends 9/1/06. :confused:...

Breech bαby [ 16 Answers ]

I'm 38 weeks αnd 5 dαys. I went to the doctor this morning αnd αppαrently my little girl decided to turn αround αnd is now breech... I'm getting α scheduαled c- section... I definαtely did not wαnt it to go this wαy.. hαs αnyone gone through this? αny αdvice.. I'm so sαd:(

Breech of contract by realtor [ 2 Answers ]

Is there legitimate cause for a claim that I can make for remuneration because the listing realtor did not advertise the home--in the paper, or on the internet--except for his own website. In addition, would not list the house because it was "March" and insisted we wait until May, when home buying...

View more questions Search