Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    -mariam- Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 08:10 AM
    I need to know what Multimedia audio device i need to get for my PC
    HI!

Im having a problem with my sound and I know that it has something to do with the multimedia audio controller because there's a yellow question mark near it. I've tried looking for answers but I'm not sure what I need to do exactly. :confused:

Please I need someone who can help a.s.a.p!:(

Here's some information about my PC, I hope they can be useful:

Chassis Type: Desktop
    System Model: AWRDACPI
    System Type: X86-based PC

:) Thanks in advance
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Has the audio worked before and if so has anything been installed recently?
    Go into control panel then system, the hardware tab and click device manaere
    If there is a yellow mark there, right click on it and choose uninstal and say OK
    Close all windows and restart
    On restart your PC will see the audio device and install a driver for the audio driver
    If you go back into device mge and still have yellow mark there, you should find an updated driver, you can go to

Driver backup program download, driver tool download
    And download the 15 day trial version, it will scan your PC and find any drivers that have updates for them
    Choose sound driver and downlaod then install

Hope this helps
    Slimgrady Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2008, 08:09 AM
    1; Right click over the problem device then left click on 'properties'.

2; You then need to click on the 'driver' tab where you will be able to automatically 'update' the driver for the sound card via the web.

Hopefully that should sort you out... Good luck buddy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia Audio Controller /REALTEK AC'97 Audio [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - it appears that the multimedia audio controller problem that I had has now morphed into a REALTEK AC'97 Audio problem. I loaded a driver for the mother board to fix the MAC problem after helpful folks assisted me in getting the specs on the motherboard (ECS PS45A/DX+1.0 if it makes a...

I've lost my audio device [ 3 Answers ]

I have windows vista and have somehow lost my sound. It comes up saying no audio device is installed. I don't know whether it has been accidentally deleted or what. Can anyone please help? :(

My Sound Audio Device [ 1 Answers ]

I think I may have mistakenly deleted the audio device from my PC. I am running on WinXP and haven't got a clue how to reinstall my audio device. I have no sound at all and the computor is telling me that the audio device/driver is not installed when only 2 weeks ago it was working fine.

View more questions Search