Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    909298 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Selling home back to bank
    I owe more on my mortgage than I can expect to get if I put it up for sale and it actually sells. My mortgage is too high for me to continue to pay. I don't want to foreclose, but I can't make any more payments. I want to deed it back to the bank.

I need to know the process and how long it takes and also, what does this do to your credit score?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 10:06 AM
    You are going to find out that banks don't buy homes, especially from their borrowers. I would talk with a real estate agent and get a second job until I could sell the property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it a good idea to deed property back to bank,when home is abount to go into forclo [ 1 Answers ]

I have a relative facing forcloser I was wondering if it woul dbe better to deed property back to bank would it help him a s far as his credit report. Thanks

Giving back home to the bank [ 3 Answers ]

How can I give back my to the bank If I cannot make the payments.

Selling home [ 1 Answers ]

I realize I ask this question earlier in the wrong place. Is it possible to sell your home if it is listed in your bankruptcy?

Deeding your home back to the bank [ 9 Answers ]

If a senior citizen is forced to deed his/her house back to the bank, will that affect the senior citizen's credit rating?

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

View more questions Search