Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwallin Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 05:47 AM
    Drainage
    I have a problem with my drainage. It was all fine till we had this storm a few days ago. Any suggestions on what it may be?
    Questionshelp Posts: 153, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 18, 2008, 06:09 AM
    If you had a storm a few days ago and it started at about that time. Have a look on your roof and see if your vent stack which some people like myself call it a stink pipe is covered. It a small black pipe on your roof that most likely will be above your bath room. If it is covered with snow. Then clean it free from the snow. If there is a build up of snow in the pipe or ice pore windshield washer fluid down it (needs to be for cold temperate range for-45). Hope this works for you.
    jwallin Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 06:58 AM
    I just had a plumber over to fix the problem and it was from the snow build up. I did mention to the plumber about the windshield washer fluid down the vent and he said that that would be a great idea because other people us hot water and found out later that it froze there vent pipe again. So cuddles to you Questionshelp. I guess you do learn new stuff every day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drainage leak [ 7 Answers ]

I have a concrete slab home with radiant heat in the slab. Recenlty out tub has had a slow drainage problem. We have had it snaked and the main line cleared. The plumber thinks it is either a blockage behind the wall or the pipe could be cracked. We are having the bathroom remodeled. If there...

Down spout drainage [ 2 Answers ]

What is a good slope to drain down spouts to a ditch using 4" big "o"

Dishwasher drainage [ 2 Answers ]

My dishwasher is backing up with brown water that looks awful and has a slight smell. Is it possible for sewage to back up into the kitchen pipes?

Drainage problems [ 3 Answers ]

Drainage problem I own an older house built in the 1940's with a full unfinished basement,and have had water drainage problems from day one. My house is built on a level lot, It has undeveloped (watershed) property sloping down to the rear of our property onto our level lot. We live on...

Drainage issues [ 3 Answers ]

Various issues to deal with here, I think. Just moved into a 1 1/2 storey duplex. When draining the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink fills up with waste water and both drain very slowly. The two sinks are opposite one another (separated by a wall), so I assume that they are connected to the same...

View more questions Search