Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BHolmes Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Individual working as officer of company and as a regular employee
    Corporation XYZ consists of a husband and wife who are shareholders of the corporation. They are officers of the corporation and each get paid a monthly salary for those positions. The corporation has no other employees. When the corporation gets a contract, the husband, who is the president, may work directly on a contract instead of having a contractor do the work. Since the president may work on specific contracts himself, should he be paid for that specific job along with receiving his monthly salary as president. Even though he may be working on a specific contract and actually doing the work, he also does the tasks to fill his position as president at the same time. How should this be handled? If he should receive pay for both jobs, how should he be set up in Quickbooks for payroll to keep the pay separate as officer salary and employee salary so that total wages paid don't exceed the wage base limits for withholding taxes?
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

Jan 18, 2008, 11:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BHolmes
    Corporation XYZ consists of a husband and wife who are shareholders of the corporation. They are officers of the corporation and each get paid a monthly salary for those positions. The corporation has no other employees. When the corporation gets a contract, the husband, who is the president, may work directly on a contract instead of having a contractor do the work. Since the president may work on specific contracts himself, should he be paid for that specific job along with receiving his monthly salary as president. Even though he may be working on a specific contract and actually doing the work, he also does the tasks to fill his position as president at the same time. How should this be handled? If he should receive pay for both jobs, how should he be set up in Quickbooks for payroll to keep the pay separate as officer salary and employee salary so that total wages paid don't exceed the wage base limits for withholding taxes?
    It is assumed president receives an agreed upon salary- if part of his duties are to do job work I believe the salary can be allocated in part to the job and in part to executive comp The part allocated to a job should be costed out to that job to ascertain profit and loss for that endeavor...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hourly employee working 2,080 hours a year, but is getting paid for just 1,920 [ 7 Answers ]

I am paid hourly. This year, I will work 23 days in Jan. 22 days in Feb. 22 days in March, 21 days in April, 23 days inMay, 21 days in June, 22 days in July, 23 days in Aug. 20 days in Sept. 23 days in Oct. 22 days in Nov. and 20 days in Dec. I get paid on the 1st, and the 15th of each month. My...

How to Calculate Tax return for H1B holder working in US as an salaried employee [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a salaried employee, working in US since mid April, 2007. For the first 2 months I was not working. I started working from Mid June and working till now. My employer has enrolled me as an employee after getting the first project in month of June only. So, I have received the first...

Employee motivation: flexible working arrangements [ 1 Answers ]

I would like do a project on the topic " Employee motivation: flexible working arrangements" . so kindly help me the ways in which i can do the project.

Interest on loan from officer of company [ 3 Answers ]

If an officer of a company loans the company money, how should the rate of interest on this loan be calculated? At what rate?

View more questions Search