Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielcstanley Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Can Independents vote in the Virginia Democratic primary
    Hi,
    I am a registered voter in Virginia, but I am not a registered member of any party. Do I have to register again (like, with the party maybe?)to vote in the primary? -Dan
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2008, 03:31 PM
    As I understand it Virginia is like Texas in that you do not register as a member of any party and are therefore eligible to vote in the primary of your choice. If you still have questions, contact your local registrar.
    danielcstanley Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Thank you. I checked the registrar's page you sent me and it confirms what you wrote. All that is required is that a person is a registered voter. -Dan
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 05:44 AM
    Which in itself seems like a rule that each party should look into. If I were making the decision I would not allow non-party members to vote in the party primaries.I think the results of the Republican primaries so far have been badly skewed by cross over voting .
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    I think the results of the Republican primaries so far have been badly skewed by cross over voting .
    Possibly, but you can still only vote in one primary... at least theoretically. :D

Steve
    P.S. After yesterday's games I no longer have a dog in the hunt for SB champ. Do I pull for NE and the 19-0 season, or do I grit my teeth and cheer for the Gnats?
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Steve ; in the Michigan primary the Kossaks were openly lobbying for Democrats to vote in the Republican primary since all Dems but Hillary boycotted the Democrat primary( 32% of identified themselves as independents or Democrats) . All the early primary states have had cross over and indie voters .

It is no surprise then that the Huckster and McCain have been doing so well then. The indies love McCain and it is no secret that the Dems would like to run against the Huckster .

Florida will be the 1st only registered Republican Primary. I think it will clear up a lot of the confusion as to who really is the front-runners in the race.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 08:31 AM
    P.S. After yesterday's games I no longer have a dog in the hunt for SB champ. Do I pull for NE and the 19-0 season, or do I grit my teeth and cheer for the Gnats?
    Ummmm... you asking me?? :rolleyes: If I was in your shoes I'd root for the Pats. :eek: :eek: (gag alert)
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Steve ; in the Michigan primary the Kossaks were openly lobbying for Democrats to vote in the Republican primary since all Dems but Hillary boycotted the Democrat primary( 32% of identified themselves as independents or Democrats) . All the early primary states have had cross over and indie voters .

It is no suprise then that the Huckster and McCain have been doing so well then. The indies love McCain and it is no secret that the Dems would like to run against the Huckster .

Florida will be the 1st only registered Republican Primary. I think it will clear up alot of the confusion as to who really is the front-runners in the race.
    Good point, I didn't take Michigan into consideration.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 08:45 AM
    ummmm ....you asking me ???? :rolleyes: If I was in your shoes I'd root for the Pats. :eek: :eek: (gag alert)
    You know, I thought you might give me the old pull for division champ line or something. As much as I hate to say it I will probably pull for the Giants. Their RB's did more for me in FF than the Pats' did :)
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2008, 05:10 PM
    Chris Matthews mentioned on his TV show that Virginians can make cross-over votes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sang "Virginia, Virginia don't go" from70's or 80's [ 2 Answers ]

Who sang the song with the main chorus "Virginia, ...Virginia dont go" followed by a guitar riff? Its 70's or 80's rock I think. Thanks

Lyrics from 70's Virginia, Virginia don't go. Who is the group [ 1 Answers ]

Stuck on just one line " Virginia, Virginia dont go " who is the group?

Democratic or republican [ 2 Answers ]

Is Iowa considered democratic or republican

Jesse Jackson on Democratic Candidates [ 3 Answers ]

Jesse Jackson: "Can Democrats get the votes they need simply because they're not Republicans? You might think so in this presidential campaign. African-American and urban votes are critical to any Democratic victory. Bill Clinton won two terms without winning the most white votes. His margin was...

Las Vegas Democratic debate. [ 6 Answers ]

The recent Democratic debate, held in Las Vegas, provided little action with exception of the first fifteen minutes in which Obama came out on the offensive and Hillary Clinton returned fire making Obama appear sheepishly at a loss. Personally I disagreed on a fair portion of the issues with the...

View more questions Search