Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tblawing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 02:50 PM
    How to prime a beckett burner on oil furnace
    I am installing a used furnace, approximately 3 years old. I am trying to prime the burner but the pump is not running long enough. The literature I have says to bypass the timer. How do I do this?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 05:10 PM
    By pass the safety control will cause the burner motor to run all the time and allow the pump to prime the system. Usually this is not necessary if the iol line from the tank to burner is tight with no air leaks.

Just jumper the power directly to the burner motor or in some cases you can jump out the cad cell on older safetys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beckett model AFG burner flame-out [ 14 Answers ]

This season is the first time ever that this has happened. The furnace starts, gets a flame, runs for a while, then it flames-out. It sounds like the oil pump is still running (I hear like a spraying sound). Nothing shuts off. Then the flame will come on again, but may continue flaming-out...

Beckett AFG Burner with R7184A Primary Contrl [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Beckett AFG burner with a Beckett R7184A Interrupted Ignition Oil Primary Control. The fuel line filter was clogged so I replaced it with a new one. When I turned power back on the burner tried to ignite but after 10 seconds or so it shut down. Now the burner will not start and the...

Beckett oil burner for forced air furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Why does the oil burner make a high pitched noise when firing?

Beckett oil furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have an oil furnace... recently, I had a contractor come out to take a look at it. The furnace is tied into my central air conditioning system and the contractor told me that I had a blown computer box on the base of the unit and that it would need to be replaced (for $290 not including labor)....

Beckett oil furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I recently switched from oil to gas in the house, and rather then get rid of the oil system, I decided to install in the garage. The system used to be a 2 line feed but have only one to it now the other being closed. The furnace will fire up, however fuel is spraying out from the inside near the...

View more questions Search