Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexie600 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Dihybrid cross
    Suppose that the father is homozygous dominant for polydactylism and homozygous recessive for normal digit length. The mother is heterozygous for polydectylism and homozygous dominant for brachydectylism
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 01:32 PM
    The way to deal with a dihybrid cross is to draw it out in a punette square. Give each gene a letter say T for tall. TT would be homozygous dominant for tallness tt homozygous recessive for shortness. Right out the parents genotypes i.e. TT Ll x Tt LL.
    Now right one parent down the square and the other across- just extend a small punnett square and fill in the children's genotypes.

This site explains it in pictures.

Give this a go and if you still don't get it post back.

EDIT I hope those aren't people's phenotypes! Eep!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death on the cross , a must [ 58 Answers ]

Why did Jesus cried out to the Lord on the cross when he knew very well that it had to happen in order that the Scripture could be fulfilled ?

Cross dressing [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a 30yr male, but I like to ware lady's underware since I'm 14yr. The problem is I'm still interesting with female(sometimes I want to be female too). Am I having a will to be a transsexual? Or is that can't be agree a man waring lady's underware?

Cross connection [ 1 Answers ]

What is a cross connection?

Cross elasticity [ 1 Answers ]

Pioneer, a major competitor, sells 50-inch Plasma TV for MSRP base price of $3,689, and assume that before Sony’s proposed price cut, 180,000 units of Pioneer 50-inch Plasma TV were sold in a week. If the cross price elasticity of demand between Sony 46-inch LCD TV and Pioneer 50-inch Plasma TV is...

Cross-connect? [ 4 Answers ]

I own a building that was originally a single family home but was divided into 3 units (long before I purchased it). There are 2 water heaters that service the 3 units. For the past few months the tenants in the top floor unit have been complaining that they aren't getting enough hot water. I...

View more questions Search