Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shewholvs Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Hinduism ethics and morality
    I am looking for information on Ethics and Morality in Hinduism.

Thank you
    Ramamoorthy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 11:55 AM
    The basic
    Satyam - truthfulness
    Ahimsa - non-violence
    Brahmacharya -Living to attain, only , the Highest goal of life
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Aug 13, 2008, 04:33 AM
    The Hindu religion has greatly been influenced by its Hindu texts or literature. The oldest is The Vedas, which are ancient Sanskrit literature. Then by Bhagvad Gita, Ramayana, Mahabharta, Puranas and other texts. It has also been influenced by the rulers and philosophers. Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism evolved from Hinduism.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Herpes, Law, and Morality. [ 25 Answers ]

I've had herpes since I was 15, I was raped. Anyway I've told almost all of my partners since then until my ex, R. I got really drunk one night and forgot. I didn't tell him. After that I was afraid to tell him. I fell in love. I never did tell him. He's really good friends with my other ex, B. B...

Morality and religion [ 47 Answers ]

Can morality be taught apart from religion, especially from the doctrine(s) of, say, Lutheranism or Catholicism or even just Christianity in general? I'm thinking of the sex ed thread in which several posters claimed there can be no effective sex ed classes without moral teaching and others...

Republicans are the party of morality? [ 30 Answers ]

Oops another sex scandal: The Raw Story | Wisconsin GOP chair faces charges in enticement of teenage boy To add to the others: Republican County Constable Larry Dale Floyd was arrested on suspicion of soliciting sex with an 8-year old girl. Floyd has repeatedly won elections for Denton...

Norms of morality [ 1 Answers ]

What is norms of morality?? :confused:

Ethics and Morality [ 8 Answers ]

I am having a debate with my grandfather: What are the ethics and morality involved in Christianity, Wicca, Islam, and Judaism?

View more questions Search