Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denmar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Trane XE 80-blowing out cool air
    I have a Trane XE 80 gas furnace -it is blowing out cool air. I have it set on 72 it shows it is only 65 in the house. Is there a way to trouble shoot this before calling a repairman?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Air filter dirty?
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 17, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Yes, look for a small viewing port in the lower section of the furnace. You will see a light blinking. Count the blinks and then remove the front panel. On the reverse side is a diagnostic chart that will tell you what the number of blinks represents. Let us know what you get.

Jan 17, 2008, 03:44 PM
    It is blinking 4 times. Thermal protection device open.
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 18, 2008, 06:44 AM
    One of the sensors are getting hot and tripping. Look closely at the wiring diagram and follow the wires to all the safety sensors. I think this model has 3. One is found over the flame and has a rectangle mounting plate. Another one is is low in the burner box and I think there is one on the inducer blower. Test all of them using a multi-meter. Inspect them to see if any have a small reddish button to allow it to be reset.

Once you find out which one is bad, inspect why it went off and correct the issue. It could be a dirty air cleaner, slow room air blower or a venting issue.

Jan 18, 2008, 04:42 PM
    I ended up getting an igniter. It's working great now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace is shutting off early and still blowing cool air. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Trane XE80 (14 years old) that periodically shuts the gas off but the blower continues to blow trying to heat the house up. If I shut the furnace off, allow it to restart, everything will work fine for a few hours or days. So the occurrence is random. Some background info. ...

Furnace blowing cool air [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Bryant gas furnace. About 2 days ago it was working fine. Yesterday I noticed it was very cool in my house. I checked the vents and they were blowing cool air. The fan stays on continuously. The pilot is lit and the filter is new. What are some possible causes and solutions to this...

AC blowing cool air but not cold? [ 3 Answers ]

All of a sudden my AC is blowing cold air. Actually it is cool, but not like it should be. I am a new home owner, not a handy man. What's the problem, please help.

A/c not blowing cool air [ 1 Answers ]

My a/c ceiling unit is set at 78 degrees but it stopped blowing cold air,I did turn it off for 2 hours and turned back on and started blowing cold air for just over 24 hours. But is now just blowing warm air.

AC not blowing enough cool air PLEASE HELP! [ 16 Answers ]

:confused: Just my luck that out AC goes out on a holiday! We live in Texas so it is normally pretty hot and humid but recently it hasn't been. To get to my problem our AC is not pushing out hardly any cold air from the vents. We live in a 2 story home with a thermastat upstairs and down. We were...

View more questions Search