Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RayneHavok Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Finding Biological Father
    I'm 15 year old and all my life I have known that somewhere out there is the other half of me. This is all the information I have:

Brian (or Bryan) Keith Odom
    Brown Hair, Hazel Eyes
    Last seen in Ft Worth/Dallas TX area.:(

Please help me. I could use it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 11:01 AM
    First no, there is not another half, there is a man who I guess got your mother pregnant, if he was a real father, he would have been paying your mom child support and would have been calling and visiting.
    So please don't expect to find another 1/2, Please do not start putting hopes and start dreaming that this man would want even to meet you.

There is over 100 Brian Odom in TX

You may try this search engine
    Free People Search by ZabaSearch!
    RayneHavok Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    First no, there is not another half, there is a man who I guess got your mother pregnant, if he was a real father, he would have been paying your mom child support and would have been calling and visiting.
    So please don't expect to find another 1/2, Please do not start putting hopes and start dreaming that this man would want even to meet you.

There is over 100 Brian Odom in TX

You may try this search engine
    Free People Search by ZabaSearch!
    I understand that and if the situation was like that then I wouldn't be searching now would I?

For one, my mother made him leave. She didn't love him, but however he did fall in love with me. My mother cut off all ties with this man and didn't let him go anywhere near me.

So, that is the reason I am searching. I'm searching because I have a step father that hates me and a mother who doesn't care.
    madysmom6107 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Im trying to find my father too. My mom cut him out of mine, my sisters and brothers life because he had a drinking problem. I want to find mine so that I can help him because he has a drinking problem and he is living on the streets right now and its really cold out. My sister and brother told me not to deal with him because of the rotten things he did to us but I don't know anything and I can't believe anyone because I was only 1 and a half, 2. so don't give up because I met him once when I was 16 but only for an hour because I couldn't handle it but now that I am 19 I want to try and help. Don't give hun cause one day you'll find him!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RayneHavok
    I understand that and if the situation was like that then I wouldn't be searching now would I?

For one, my mother made him leave. She didn't love him, but however he did fall in love with me. My mother cut off all ties with this man and didn't let him go anywhere near me.

So, that is the reason I am searching. I'm searching because I have a step father that hates me and a mother who doesn't care.

Saying this gently - if he had wanted to see you he would have gone to Court and stayed involved. Your mother did not have the power to keep him from going "anywhere near" you. Not at all.

How long has he been out of your life and how do you know "he did fall in love with you." Sounds like you're in a bad home situation and think finding your biological father is going to be the answer -

Sometimes some reality has to come into the picture - hopefully your father has been looking for you and will be delighted when you find him but that is not always the case.

And he's not the other half of you, not at all.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 09:38 AM
    I guess I don't say things as "gentley" as Judy does,

But yes, your mom could not stop or make him stop seeing you, he could have taken her back to court, had her found in contempt and forced her to allow visits. So I often worry since sometimes we build up this real idea of what and who we want to find. You may indeed find a loving person but you may also find someone who tells you to beat it and is not happy you found them.

I understand and hope you find him since that is what you want to do, but just do it with some honest ideas of what you may find.
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

May 5, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Brian K. Odom (age)39

*MARRIAGE LICENSE*
    H0027371

*Groom* ODOM BRYAN K
    *Bride* BONDS DENISE EILEEN
    *Marriage date* 08-20-1996

*Grooms Address*
    215 ADCOCK FLORENCE MS

*Brides Address*
    511 A GULF BANK HO

MARK DAVIDSON * JUDGE * 08-26-1996

*Just a few other places of residence*

FORT WORTH, TX
    HOMOSASSA, FL
    HATTIESBURG, MS
    MOUNT OLIVET, KY
    GAUTIER, MS
    PASCAGOULA, MS

*They may no longer be married*
    *She may have information for you*

Denise Bonds
    30 McKinley St
    Pontiac, MI 48342-2416
    (248) 499-7283

*Just found these addresses*

ODOM BRIAN
    15396 TOWER WOOD CONROE , TX

ODOM BRIAN
    7505 FANNIN HOUSTON , TX

Good-Luck,
    I hope this helps you.
    I will keep looking just in case something else comes up.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

May 5, 2008, 06:42 PM
    I know everyone else listed a ton of people and probably already said this person (because I only found one in the white pages in fort worth) but hey it's worth a shot.

Bryan Odom
    2665 Kingsbury Ave
    Fort Worth, TX 76118-6726

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding my biological grandparents [ 6 Answers ]

My name is Jen and I want to find my dad's biological parents. He is 45 years old, born October of 1962 from Tucson Arizona. Our family is uncertain of the day of the month he was born on because hospital records confused the days to prevent parents finding the child they gave up. (assumed) I Know...

Finding biological father [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find my birthfather without having to pay?

Finding my biological parents [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am a 42 year old man that is curious about finding my birth parents but everyone wants so much money to help how can I find them for free or at low cost ?

Adoption from biological Father to Step Father [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: One of my employees has children by her now husband and former husband. Her present husband wants to adopt her two children from her former husband. The biological Father is willing to relinquish his rights. She wants to draw up the papers without an Attorney because of the cost. If...

Finding my biological mother or father [ 7 Answers ]

I would like some help on trying to find my dad. My dad's name is Wayne Turman. And my moms name was Patricia Turman. But they got divorced when I was a baby, and I don't know my moms madien name is. I have two biological brothers, and I have a sister which lived with me. I told my foster parents,...

View more questions Search