Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spiffyone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Past drug use stop my getting hired for city job
    I have curently waiting to be called for the sanitation dept and don't know if I am wasting my time. I have in the past been arested for misdimeaner drug possession and one of the charges shows up on my driving record even though I was no where near a car.Will they still call me??
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Don't wait for the phone call if on your application they asked for any prior felonies or misdemeanors. Usually drug possession is not taken lightly either. The drug possession does not show up on your driving record, it shows up on your criminal record. Only driving related incidents where you got a ticket for say, speeding, going through a red light or stop sign or an accident will show on your driving record.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffyone
    I have curently waiting to be called for the sanitation dept and dont know if I am wasting my time. I have in the past been arested for misdimeaner drug possesion and one of the charges shows up on my driving record even though I was no where near a car.Will they still call me???????

A drug possession charge is on your driver's license record?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Well what can happen, if there is 10 openings and they get 1000 applications ( common in places like Atlanta) while it is possible to get hired with it, you will get passed over for people that don't have any criminal record.

The problems is that often you will never know why you are not hired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

I hired a really good attorney. [ 18 Answers ]

I conducted myself well in the appointment, and he was nothing but an {deleted}. I have hired him though, and he costed a total of $1262.50 including GST. That wasn't why he was a {deleted}, I don't think I conducted myself well, but lawyers aren't supposed to be that judgemental. BUT he told me he...

Get Past X-Stop [ 2 Answers ]

how to past X-stop at school

36 weeks pregnant, EX-BF hired lawyer.. [ 1 Answers ]

good evening, all! i am new to this forum, so be nice! i am 9 months (36 weeks) pregnant, and recently broke up with the baby's father, "jack". in my opinion he is a selfish a$$hole who doesn't think about anyone besides himself, and it took me about two years to figure this out. guess i'm a...

View more questions Search