Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Certificate Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Cocaine addiction
    My friend is an admitted cocaine addict. We have discussed therapy. However I would appreciate advice on my personal approach. I am not sure if I should be disaproving and angry (I don't feel either , just concern) or is a non judgemental approach more supportive

How can I help them
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 09:28 AM
    You are right to be "judgmental". Continue encouraging him/her to get the help s/he needs.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Cocaine addiction is very hard to break. It's up there with cigarettes and booze only just a tad bit harder to get your hands on when you are out.

Let your friend know that you are there for them no matter what time of day it is. If they know you are there, possibly this might make it easier for your friend to do the therapy successfully.
    Certificate Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 02:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    Cocaine addiction is very hard to break. It's up there with cigarettes and booze only just a tad bit harder to get your hands on when you are out.

Let your friend know that you are there for them no matter what time of day it is. If they know you are there, quite possibly this might make it easier for your friend to do the therapy successfully.

Thank you
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 07:47 PM
    I've just heard about something that might be of good use to you and your friend. It's a book called The Alcoholic and Addictions Cure. It basically goes into the fact that a person is addicted to either drink or drugs and just why and shows you as an interested party or them as the addicted party can actually cure themselves. Hey, it's worth a try. This way you know at least you've contributed something.

Here is the link. The Alcoholism and Addiction Cure Book
    haras Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Certificate
    My friend is an admitted cocaine addict. We have discussed therapy. However I would appreciate advice on my personal approach. I am not sure if I should be disaproving and angry (i dont feel either , just concern) or is a non judgemental approach more supportive

How can I help them
    Try to put yourself in their shoes, if you were them deep down you would be wanting the help to get clean and get your life back on track. More often then not it takes someone outside of their comfort zone to help them back to dry land and see the other side. We are not the one's to judge others past, present or future. However, we are merely vessels to help one another in times of need and despair. Take it one moment at a time!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Just let him know you're here for him, talk when he want to talk and listen when that's what' he needs, he needs the support and caring of a friend, especially now. It's going to be a rough road, it's a hrad one to get over, like everyone says! You're a good friend to have!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cocaine and drug testing [ 8 Answers ]

How long do it take for cocaine to leave your system and to successfully pass a drub test

Crack cocaine and teeth [ 8 Answers ]

I was wondering what are the effects of crack cocaine and teeth? What does it do? I have heard that when smoking crack, it turns your teeth grey or even black. Is this true and if it is, are there any sites that have pictures of teeth that have been exposed to cronic crack smoke? Please...

Effects of Crack Cocaine [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know about crack cocaine and the effects it has when children are expose to the smoke for any amount of time. I am in a court case and the people I am against are trying to take my daughter away from me by accusing me of using crack cocaine while I was holding her. She is 15 months old...

Spouse and cocaine use [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I suspect my husband of light cocaine use and want to know what rights I have as far as my children are concerned if we pursue divorce.

Cocaine [ 2 Answers ]

Are there user benefits from the drug crack cocaine? All information would be helpful.

View more questions Search