Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    searra769 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Land or house purchases with bad credit
    My question is is it possible to buy land or a home with bad credit.what would be the steps to take to get a loan ?would I even be concierd for a loan, and how much extra would I be charged in finacing?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Don't attempt to make a land purchase without sufficient income to make your payments. And understand that over the long haul, your ownership of land becomes security for your payment of debts because someone you owe can take a judgement against you, and the judgement can become a lien against your land. What you should attempt to do is payoff your creditors. One way to get into land/home ownership is owner financing; typically, the owner/financier will not check your credit. It could be cheaper or more expensive, depending on what kind of deal you get into. That is why they say, 'Buyer beware'.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you buy land with bad credit and no down payment? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I would like to buy some land for our mobile home. We have bad credit And no down payment. We would like to know if this is possible. Financing is not an option. The banks will not finance us at this point. We can afford $400/month:confused:

Is my house an haunted land? [ 6 Answers ]

I live in a manufactured home that was built over wet lands and we have weird unexplained things happen all the time here like people knocking on the door but nobody is outside and even if we sit right by the door and open it right after the knock nobody is there. The other day I went into my room...

Credit card purchases [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently within the last 3months purchased some furniture and now faced with having to file bankruptcy will they want the furniture back how long should I wait to avoid them from taking the furnitur back from me and my children

How to buy a house with bad credit, no credit, and no money down [ 22 Answers ]

I'm a mother of two, one 22 who is going to have a baby in oct. who is with the daddy of the baby, he is trying very hard, working all the time. But most of his money is going towards the baby. Then one 17 who is mildy mental retarded, They all live in a one room basement apartment. They really...

View more questions Search