Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wtevis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 07:40 AM
    US Citizen born in Germany--Can she get German Passport?
    Hi all,

Just a quick question about obtaining a German passport:

My wife was born in Nuremberg, Germany. Her father was in the U.S. Army and stationed there at the time. She only has a USA passport.

Is it possible for her to get a German passport, since she was born there?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. :)

- WT
    GALDYSOLO Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 09:07 AM
    I Don't Think So My Brother Was Born In Mexico Of Mother And Father Us Citizen So They Claim Him So He Is Us Citizen You Give Up Your Other Citizenship.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 06:38 PM
    She is a United States citizen until she gives up her citizenship here. Had one of her parents been a German, then she could have dual citizenshp. But no, she just cannot get a German passport having been born there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

German Passport if Married to German [ 2 Answers ]

I am married to a German. I am holder of a Lebanese Passport. My Wife and I live outside Germany. Can I get the German Passport?

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

Adjustments and deductions for German citizen on F1/OPT [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everybody. In this awesome forum I learned thanks to AtlantaTaxExpert and taxsearcher (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/taxes/resident-non-resident-63992.html) that I need to file my taxes as a resident. I am doing this now (1040) and I am currently looking into adjustments and deductions I can...

View more questions Search