Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Holmester81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 07:00 AM
    Apartment Leasing Laws
    Is there a Law in the stated of Delaware that says a leasing office MUST raise your rent every year?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 07:09 AM
    I don't believe there is a law, but it is common to incur annual increases. Standard business practice.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmester81
    Is there a Law in the stated of Delaware that says a leasing office MUST raise your rent every year?

No.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 11:49 AM
    No they do not have to, but there is a business practice that you have to make a profit, so the electric prices go up, the cost of salaries go up, the expense of advertising goes up, and guess what, that makes your rent go up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking a leasing contract for an apartment in Texas to purchanse a new house [ 4 Answers ]

Do I have any other way to get out if I breach a contract agreement with the apartment, because I want to buy a new home, and the new home is a really good offer not to miss out? Could you let me know. Thanks

Leasing Laws with a Roommate [ 1 Answers ]

I need to get out of a lease that I just started with a roommate. We were living as roommates in a house an decided to get a really nice apartment. We signed a 13 month lease. Its been about a month and he is eating all of my food now and not helping with all of the bills because he is working as...

Leasing a horse [ 6 Answers ]

Well I love horses And I have been riding for about a year And I'm currently taking lessons But I want to lease a horse next summer I think with a half lease But Well It might sound like a stupid question but When you lease a horse from an ad

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

Auto leasing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 year lease on a 2005 VW Bug, which began in March, 2005. I am allowed 10,000 miles per year on the lease. Vehicle has 10,800 miles currently. I want to get out of the lease now, as I do not need 3 vehicles any more. Short of trading the vehicle in on another one, how do I get out of...

View more questions Search