Ask
    akinap Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 02:09 AM
    Respiratory tract medicne
    Which is the recent quinolone
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 02:12 AM
    Not sure exactly what you mean by your question. Would you mind elaborating a little bit, please.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Quinolone is a broad spectrum antibiotic. Luckily the family of this antibiotic works on both gram negative and gram positive bacteria, making it a great medication for virtually every bacterial infection. But, bacterial resistance to this medication can develop much more rapid than resistance of other medications, therefore stronger broad spectrum antibiotics are usually prescribed

In 2004 the FDA added some significant warnings of serious adverse side effects of this medication.
    Dr Dermie Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Jun 21, 2008, 12:19 AM
    Poor compliance on the part of the patient is a problem with resistance too, so make sure if you have been prescribed this medicine; that you take it properly and follow the doctor's instructions to the letter. And that includes stopping smoking, losing weight, reduce alcohol intake, exercising frequently and cease using illegal drugs. Quinolones and other antibiotics are not evil poisons and doctors are not idiots. Well, not all of them. Give them a bit of credit and if you have a question like this - call and ask them!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sinus and respiratory problems [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. Me and a buddy moved into a semi-detached townhouse about five months ago. Since then, we have both been getting sick very frequently. Mostly it's sinus and respiratory problems but we have also experienced flu-like symptoms a few times. We suspect it is because of the...

Urinary Tract Infection [ 3 Answers ]

What's the problem if you can't get rid of a urinary tract infection. I've taken antibiotics 3 times. What's going on with me? Am I dying?

Urinary Tract Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

I think I may have a UTI, but I am not sure. I don't feel any burning when I urinate or have a STRONG urge to go to the bathroom though. I've noticed that if I just move around I feel like I have to pee but not like a strong urge, just a little. It bothers me though. And yesturday I drank like a...

Urinary Tract Infection [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 15 year old boy and my doctor has diagnosed me with a bladder infection. He tried me on a 7 day course of 500mg Cefalexin antibiotics but they had no effect on the infection. Because of this, he ordered me to get an Kidney x-ray and a Cystoscopy. Both showed to be completely normal. I am not...

View more questions Search