Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alana1970 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 10:56 AM
    How can I change my hair color
    My hair is dark brown and I dyed it a few times medium golden brown to lighten it a bit. Three weeks ago I dyed it an auburn brown just to put some red tones in it. It was okay but has faded way to fast. I would like to try another color but am afraid of it going darker. Can I use colorfix on my hair and then try a lighter red color? Or should I just dye it a medium reddish brown and hope for the best.
    tlude Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Don't change hair color at all. Most people look best with natural haircolor. (even actresses on tv)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 16, 2008, 03:37 PM
    To go from dark to a decent red shade, it's best to pre-lighten the hair to reddish level and deposit the desired color. But you can use a single process hair color with a higher strength peroxide to achieve a red shade. I suggest using a 20-volume peroxide developer with your selected hair in equal parts to lift the color a couple of shades. Be sure to use a shampoo and conditioner designed for color-treated hair to help keep the color from fading.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change in Hair Color [ 7 Answers ]

My cousin just passed away in May 2004. He was 34 years old. Didn't smoke or do drugs, and was a very active individual. An autopsy was performed (not all results are in). What we have been told thus far is, he died from an enlarged heart, blocked artery and was morbid obese. My question is,...

At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several...

13 yr old son hair color change [ 5 Answers ]

My 13 yr old son has just developed two blonde spots on the back of his head. His hair color is brown. Is the something that can happened during puberty?

3 days after hair color change blonde turned purple [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend had her (originally) brown hair changed to blonde by a stylist. She does this on a regular basis so she was just trying to have the roots and overall color updated. 3 days later after a shower and blowdry purple streaks appeared. Any thoughts?

Hair Color Change over the years [ 1 Answers ]

As I've grown older, my hair color has changed noticeably. When I was a little kid, my hair was very blonde, however as I've grown older, my hair color has changed to a much more brown-ish color. It doesn't bother me, its just something I've always been curious about. Is it genetic or some external...

View more questions Search