Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jricketts2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 10:25 AM
    About the different revolutions
    I have to write a short essay on camparing and contrast about the revolutions such as the french, english, american and if their is anymore
    And I don't really kow a lot about the revolutions.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2008, 10:35 PM
    I have heard of the French and American revolutions. Can you give me a little help with the English one? What class are you taking?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2008, 12:01 AM
    Have you tried the following searches so that you might be able to read about the revolutions in order to help you to know what to write in your essay?

French Revolution Wikipedia - Google Search

English Revolution Wikipedia - Google Search

American Revolution Wikipedia - Google Search
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 10:06 AM
    If you can choose which revolutions to compare and contrast, I'd go with the French and the American Revolutions. They were happening at the same time - French - for equality of the classes. American - for freedom from foreign rule.

Have fun! Wikipedia is a great site for those kinds of answers.
    LTD Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 08:02 AM
    The English Civil War & Glorious Revolution were about making the monarch answerable to the will of Parliament. By extension, the American Revolution is the same " Taxation without Representation" The French Revolution has its origens in fuedal customs, especially the exemption of the nobility and the clergy from taxation and military service. This left only the petit bouegiose and peasantry to bear the burden of such.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Revolutions per second (hertz) of a CD [ 1 Answers ]

What is the rotational speed in revolutions per second (hertz) of a CD in the following situations a)the disc makes four revolutions in 48 secods

The first and second industrial revolutions in Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone give me any info or links regarding how the first two industrial revolutions affected Canada? I've been looking forever, but can't find anything.

View more questions Search