Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    southerngracess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Where do I get a copy of the deed to my house? Paid off a year ago
    I paid off my home mortgage (actually it was a Home Equity Line of Credit) a year ago. Where do I go to get a copy of the deed to my home?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Your local county clerk. But what you want is not really the deed (you should have gotten that when you first bought the house). What I think you want is a satisfaction letter from the bank, releasing their lien. That you go back to the bank for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hourly employee working 2,080 hours a year, but is getting paid for just 1,920 [ 7 Answers ]

I am paid hourly. This year, I will work 23 days in Jan. 22 days in Feb. 22 days in March, 21 days in April, 23 days inMay, 21 days in June, 22 days in July, 23 days in Aug. 20 days in Sept. 23 days in Oct. 22 days in Nov. and 20 days in Dec. I get paid on the 1st, and the 15th of each month. My...

No taxes paid for this year [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new in the small business an horrified of the coming tax filing. I didn't pay any taxes beforehand and I'm afraid that I'm in trouble with it. I have had ONLY expenses not any income yet. What I should do? :confused:

Can a lien be put on my house for bills I have paid? [ 4 Answers ]

We have just recently put an addition onto our house. We paid our contractors as soon as we got the bill, in full. Our contractors have not paid for the building material for our addition. Now we have a few companies putting liens on our home for the bills that our contractor didn't pay. What can...

PAID 17 year old debt [ 4 Answers ]

I had a credit card debt that was turned over for collections in 1995; discover card services sold the debit to a financial company. The debt was sold mutliple times before I paid it in full in January of 2000. Today, it's October 2007 and I now have another company, Asset Acceptance, telling me...

Parents house is paid off - what are the tax/financial implications for deed transfer [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently passed away and my mother wants to transfer the deed to their house over to me. The house is fully paid off and I was wondering if we did transfer the deed, would there be any financial implications, i.e. would this be considered a gift and if so, what would the tax implications...

View more questions Search