Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Questionshelp Posts: 153, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 16, 2008, 07:46 AM
    Old cards and comics
    I have allot of old hockey and baseball cards and comics. I was holding them for him when my son was in high school to sell for him to go to college or university. I told my uncle about them and he has been collecting cards for a long time and has a large amount on hand. He informed me to sell them now because the Card and comic collectors will die out. What do you all recommend?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 06:00 PM
    I don't know that the card and comic collectors will die out. I mean, there's always going to be old cards and comics that collectors are going to collect. I am one person who does that kind of collecting.

How old are the cards and comics, please? If they are decades old, then they might be worth selling now. If they are "old" but not dated in say the early to mid part of the 20th century, then it may be advisable to hang onto them for awhile longer to see if and how much the monetary value of them increases.

If you try to sell things on eBay, it's possible to get almost ridiculously high prices for things that would normally not sell locally for as much as what you can sell them for on eBay.
    Questionshelp Posts: 153, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 17, 2008, 04:39 AM
    The cards are about 15 to 25 years old and for the comics I do not know but I do have fantastic 4 #2, 3 & 4. What do you think I should do? Thanks for replying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Self publishing your own comics [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everybody I want to be a manga artist. I found out that if you self publish your own comics you make more money. I love to draw a lot and I know that matters... but lets face it, we don't want to be broke and give the money that we earned to some other company while they keep a lot of that money...

Yu-gi-oh cards [ 5 Answers ]

What would be the best yu-gi-oh strategy for any deck full of random cards?

Looking for a quote from 'Understandinc Comics' [ 2 Answers ]

I have to write this long rambling paper about art, and I want to use a quote from Scott McCloud's 'Understanding Comics'. My copy's at home and not doing me much good there... In one of the early chapters of the book there's the short story with the cavemen. What I'd love to get is the remarks...

Vintage baseball cards; Set of 1986 baseball cards [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I go to find out about selling my baseball cards?

View more questions Search