Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andydude88 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Jan 7, 2006, 05:18 PM
    Regular face shaving
    So pretty much everyone is using the fancy electric shavers but I usually just use the simple disposable plastic razors in a bag. My dad says those are better because overall they work better and shave cleaner and that the electric ones aren't quite that great when it comes down to it. Or it could be just because he's really conservative and doesn't want to accept new things. His dad never shaved himself or cut his own hair, just went to the same barber every other day all his life. Something to do with pride or tradition or whatever.

Just wondering what's the best kind of razor. I hear some of them don't even require water or shaving cream. Oh yeah and other kids seem to have gotten their beards faster. I just have mainly hair on the mustache area, unlike them who don't. Kind of the opposite. Oh and sideburns sort of.

p.s. I'm just trying to get my post count up
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2006, 05:28 PM
    Opinion
    Everyone will have an opinion, often trying the different ways is best and see what you like best.

Yes, I love having the barber to my shave the best and get it every couple of weeks as a pure pleasure along with my hair trimmed.

Now I prefer a hot lather and a good ( not throw away) razar, the one with the three or four blades are best. If you do use the throw away types use them once and throw them away, don't use them 10 or 12 times ( ouch)

Now I do own an electric one that I take on trips or for a fast trim if I have a meeting but it does not trim as close as my regular razor.

Now on the other hand, my dad would swear by his electric razor using pre-shave lotion on his face.

But if you ever want to be pampered, go to a real barber, get a hot towel first to soften, then a hot mixed lather and a straight razor shave followed by another hot towel. ( close to heaven on earth)
    andydude88 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Jan 7, 2006, 05:33 PM
    Oh whoops I guess I used those too many times. I did like 6 times and then threw away.

Most guys that shave now develop acne as a result
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2006, 06:53 PM
    Shaving
    I would say most people use those little razors 4 to 8 times but more than 2 or 3 and they don't cut near as good, shaving is one of my "pleasures" so I spend a little more money on it, everyone should have one level of pampering

You want to try and shave with the direction of the hair, this is esp important with some racial groups more than others. If you don't you can get little bumps.

For acme, sorry that wa too many years ago to remember how it effected shaving. Now it is seeing more grey face hair than black that worries me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shaving a cat [ 11 Answers ]

We get our cat shaved a couple time's a year.I would like to try shaving him myself.We take him to get him shaved and I have never seen him being shaved.He is a really mellow cat so I am pretty sure he should not be to big of a problem to shave. It is kind of a hassle to take him to get it done...

Very regular periods and ovualating pains [ 14 Answers ]

I have very very regular periods every month and every 2 - 3 month between my cycle I get bad ovualating pains... ouch :( Does this at all mean I am very fertile? Sorry if it's a silly question :o

Regular period? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question for all who go to this site I had my last periods on July 30 and my periods are not due until 28 to 30 me and hubby has been trying to get a baby and finally this month I got bleeding at 24 which was very different from the usual kind of periods and a mild discomfort I just wanted...

Regular h1b.. last year F1 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I have filed 1040NR-EZ with the 8843 form last year as I did not pass the presence test. But this year I am a Resident for the tax purposes. SO I will be filling 1040 forms. I have 2 questions 1) I wanted to know are there any deductions(standard+Itemized) that I can claim? I am...

I'm with broadband and want to go back with just regular phones [ 5 Answers ]

I have cable phone right now and my number is a cable number how can I get the same number and just have regular phoneline that is plugged on the jacks

View more questions Search