Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afairplayer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2006, 02:24 PM
    Washer leaks at drain
    The drain pipe in the bottom rear of my washer leaked when I moved to clean floor behind it. When I removed clamp, about a quart of water flowed out which I guess means it did not drain completely.

What should I do?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2006, 11:52 AM
    I'm guessing that moving the washer bumped it where the clamp is, and some leaked out. That there is a quart or so in the pipes is OK... that's just because the discharge tube hole is up off the floor so high.

Clean it up, be sure the hose is clamped on tight - and run a short small load and watch it closely. I wouldn't be surprised that you find it's not leaking at all.
    afairplayer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2006, 03:30 PM
    I did the those spins a few times. If I push the washer back to tight toward the wall, it drips when spinning. If I pull it out from the wall a few inches it doesn't. Problem is it is behind bifold doors in the kitchen and I have to keep moving it back and forth because I am trying to sell my house and want to keep those doors closed...
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2006, 03:54 AM
    Then that connection is the issue. Pushing it back as far as you need to is causing the wall to push on the connection and loosten it.

I would try a local appliance parts store: describe the issue and ask them if they've got a special elbow to put on at the outlet of the washer that's more secure.

Or for a quick try yourself: If the clamp is the type you squeeze on with your hand, maybe take it off - squeeze it smaller so that it grips tighter, then put it back on.

Also, you might try something like this:
    http://doityourself.com/store/6327712.htm so that you can screw it on real tight before shoving it back in against the wall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Drain Leaks [ 1 Answers ]

My double sink backed up and I had to remove the pipes under the sink to clear the clog. I put every thing back together but both traps are leaking. I replaced the poly gaskets and lock nuts but still they leak. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to use any sealant or putty? The kid...

Faucet behind my washer leaks [ 2 Answers ]

The hot water faucet leaks when I use my washer. I have turned the faucet off, but it still leaks. Only when the washer is in use. It is leaking from The neck not the spout. If that makes sense. What Should I do?

Washer hot water line leaks [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved into a new to me house and I am having a problem with the hot water line to the washer! The hose screws on just fine to the faucet but when the water is turned on there is a small leak. I thought maybe the hose was not any good, bought another one, and still the same problem exists....

New shower drain leaks [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, looking for some expert plumbing advice... My new showewr drain leaks around the exterior of the drain between the grout and the drain itself. I have torn out the tiles around the drain and now need to seal the drain to the floor and seal it up to the tiles to prevent the leakage. (does...

Washer leaks when shower is on [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - got a new washing machine and it is hooked into the same hot & cold lines that supply my shower in the next room. When I turn on the bath or shower my washer trickles water, but stops when I shut off the shower. It does not appear to happen when any other faucets are on. Sears says there...

View more questions Search