Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Victoria Hicks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2006, 12:07 PM
    Almeda University
    I am interested in Almeda University, but I can not determine if they are a legitimate university or just someone working from the living room in their house. Can you give my any background on this school so that I can determine their real existence? Thanks V. Hicks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2006, 12:13 PM
    Mill
    It does not appear to be very well respected. Merely do a web search and a lot of negative info will show up
    klmgb Posts: 114, Reputation: 13

Jan 7, 2006, 05:04 PM
    Any program that allows you to "convert your life experience" into a degree is questionable at best. For any higher learning institution REGIONAL ACCREDITATION is the standard.
    ltb4c Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Apr 6, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Hicks
    I am interested in Almeda University, but I can not determine if they are a legitimate university or just someone working from the living room in their house. Can you give my any background on this school so that I can determine their real existence? Thanks V. Hicks
    According to the Federal Government, the university is not accredited. This translates into a worthless diploma.

Additional information is available at: Database Fights Diploma Mills -
    Kiran_Yarra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 03:28 AM
    Hi I am Kiran,I did my Hotel Management from Indo American Hotel Management Academy.I did my Diploma from (AHLA)American Hotel and Lodging Association.And my degree is from Almeda University.I am planning to do my MBA.

According to previous conversation it was mentioned (Almeda is a non-traditional university offering degrees based on prior learning. While most businesses DO accept this degree)

I applied for some universities in US AND UK.But they responded back to me that there is no such university.My application got denied,My complete One got spoiled.

I'll be very much thankful, if any one can help me by answering this question?

... I just need to know List of Universities which accepts Almeda University Degree is US AND UK or else which organisations does accept this degree.I did checked the www.vault.com No information...
    Veronica678 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ltb4c
    According to the Federal Government, the university is not accredited. This translates into a worthless diploma.
    WRONG! Not accredited does not mean worthless at all. Almeda University degrees are actually quite valuable. It's true that not 100% of all private employers will accept your Almeda University or Suffield University degree. But SO WHAT? Estimates are that 50 to 65 percent will. True - if you get your degree for $500.00 you will have to apply to TWICE as many companies than you would if you had a traditional degree, but SO WHAT?!? Do you really think that's a big deal? Is this too much to ask? Is it easier to drop $25,000 and 4 years of your life to get that traditional degree? For some, perhaps it is. The choice is yours.

If you are thinking that the degree will get you acceptance to any and every traditional 4-year college. It won't. Also, if you plan to work in a government job, do not attempt to get your degree from Almeda University. That means Teachers, Law Enforcement Officials, County Workers, Etc. If this is you, then stay away!

For details about the acceptance of the Almeda degree and the best way to represent your Life Experience Degree to prospective employers, see About Life Experience Degrees

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it Bad University? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm studying in Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences but my specialty study is Hotels management and it takes 4 years here . I think we must take some practical courses in food and beverage , reception ,cooking... but actually we are taking courses in accounting management...

Almeda university [ 8 Answers ]

Sir I am student pursuing my hotel management in india in the state of andhra pradesh.My college claims to have been affiliated to almeda university in the state of Idaho which according to my idea is a online university and my doubt is that whether this university really exists and if yes then...

University [ 1 Answers ]

How many University are there in Italy?:confused:

Almeda university [ 3 Answers ]

HI, this is sam what do you think about almeda university.

Almeda University [ 1 Answers ]

Dear learned Experts Could someone inform me about Almeda University and the experiential degrees they offer? Or if you know of a good school or site I can find one. Thanks You're the GREATEST

View more questions Search