Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candlewick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Kitchen faucet
    Good pressure on cold side, low pressure on hot side.faucet is pricepfister please help.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Hot supply is probably blocked at the cartridge do to mineral deposits coming out of a water heater that isn't being flushed periodically. Two ways to fix this and one is not a plumbers approach. A plumber will tell you to shut off the hot water supply cock under the sink and open a hot water faucet somewhere else to blow off pressure. Remove the handle and then the cartridge. Cartridges are held basically 3 ways: a clip, several screws or a threaded collar. Whatever you have remove the attaching mechanism and pull the cartridge, clean it and hold a towel over the opening while someone else opens and then closes the supply, flushing out the line. Reassemble and you are good to go. The non-plumber approach starts the same, shut off the cock and blow off pressure. Remove the supply pipe at the stop and allow to dribble a bit. Put a bowl of water under the spigot so the spigot is under water, put a shop vac to the supply pipe and suck water backwards through the cartridge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Faucet Sprayer On - Main Faucet not totally off [ 2 Answers ]

We moved into a new house - new construction. When we use the sprayer in the kitchen faucet, water comes out the sprayer as it is supposed to, but the water does not completely shut off in the main faucet. There is still a thin column of water coming out. We had the faucet replaced, and this...

Kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a glacier bay kitche faucet and no water comes out of the spicket when hot or cold is turned on, it only comes out of the sprayer. I have taken the faucet off but do not know if there is a replacement cartridge and how do I get it out... or maybe I just need to clean it of debris? I...

How do I take off my kitchen faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Price Pfister "Marielle" Single Handle Kitchen Faucet. I need help in figuring out how to take this apart to see if anything is blocking the flow of water. The water in my sink is trickling out of the faucent by the spray hose works perfectly fine. I took off the screen thing on the end...

Kitchen Faucet [ 4 Answers ]

We recently moved into a new home and have some issues with our kitchen faucet. When we turn on the faucet, often, no water comes out of the faucet right away but the water goes to the sprayer. If we run the sprayer for about ten seconds and we stop, it will then switch back to the faucet. Is...

View more questions Search