Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sonzef Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2006, 08:41 AM
    Long distance marriage
    Greetings to all. I need some help. I married 9 months ago of which I lived with my husband three months straight. We had dated for six years in the same state before I decided to move because of his noncommital state. After I moved he decided we should get married. Once he moved to the state I was in he decided that state was not for him and went back to his original state because he said work was better there and did not try to work where I presently live. He left with the intent of staying married but made this decision on his own.

Am I just being to ignorant and naïve in believing this will work? I, of course am not happy with the situation. I did not get married to be by myself. Is divorce the next step? Please help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2006, 08:49 AM
    Lawyer
    And why did you not move back with him?

He has chosen to move and a place to live over you.

Honestly after six years of not committing, why did you think a ring and a piece of paper would make a difference.

Divorce attorney, would be called for now, this guy is a jerk and sorry you were just not thinking and thought for some reason he would change after he said "I DO"

So if you want to make it work, move to be with a jerk that does not love you enough to stay with you, or tell him to move back or else,

But who really wants to be with someone that really does not want to be with you.

Attorney, they are listed in the yellow pages.

In some states a paralegal can do the forms for a non contested divorce also.
    Sonzef Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2006, 09:58 AM
    Thank you FrChucks for your reply. Sometimes we have to get an unbiased opinion, thanks. I did not move back with him because I have two children that are in school and one is getting ready to go to college this year. I moved in the first place to end the relationship but then the proposal came. Yes, you are right, what was I thinking that a ring and an "I do" was going to change things but we all want to believe.

I do believe my next step would be for divorce. Thanks again for your advice as it is quite appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2006, 10:13 AM
    Mistake
    Yes we all can fall for many things like that, when we look at with our hearts we often don't use our minds.

I had a wonderful lady who meant so much to me once. She was stuck on living on welfare and social programs. I though that she would want to improve after we got together, get a promotion in her job, stop collecting welfare and food stamps. But she never could do it, she was so "into" the system that having to work hard to get something just did not appeal to her. She died a few years latter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Long distance marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm 24 years old with a 22 month daughter. I've been married for the past 5 years, but haven't lived with my husband for long. He keeps me away from him on one pretext or another. So, we are always apart. Now that I have a daughter I want my husband to be there for her while she's...

Future of long distance marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm 24 years old with a 22 month daughter. I've been married for the past 5 years, but haven't lived with my husband for long. He keeps me away from him on one pretext or another. So, we are always apart. Now that I have a daughter I want my husband to be there for her while she's...

Long distance marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not very familiar with the Muslim traditions so I will try my best to help with the knowledge you have given me. Try talking to him about this, or a friend or family member who knows you, and him and who can offer better advice on the situation. If you want to get a divorce then reasons...

View more questions Search