Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jahubb Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Investment by owners?
    If a company has assets of $350,000, liabilities of $310,000, and retained earnings of $180,000, investments by owners must be?
    A. $40,000
    B. $225,000
    C. $295,000
    D. $310,000
    I answered D. my answer was wrong. Can someone please tell me what I did wrong.
    Thank You in advance
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2008, 12:32 PM
    The Accounting equation is:

Assets = Liabilities + Owners Equity
    Therefore:

$350,000 Assets - $310,000 Liabilities = Owners Esquity

Owners Equity = $40,000
    jahubb Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 10:48 PM
    Thank You, I figured it out, It was the wording, Investments vs. Owners Equity. I feel really stupid. Thank You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Owners equity [ 1 Answers ]

Jerry Iron invested $500in a short-term enterprise, selling soft drinks during the annual orientation week at his university. He paid the university authorities $100 for the exclusive right to sell soft drinks on the campus lawns, the center of the celebration, and constructed a stand from which to...

Bankers and owners [ 1 Answers ]

What common interests are shared by bankers and business owners?

Owners [ 1 Answers ]

What part of a balance sheet do Distributions to owners reside? Is it an assest? A Liability? Where do I put these figures in order to detrmine my OE?

Owners Equity [ 2 Answers ]

I am from Engineering background and studying finance for GE Analytics. Wanted to know in layman :D terms how would you define Owners Equity with a suitable example :confused:

Co-owners in disagreement [ 3 Answers ]

When my father died he left his house to myself and his girlfriend. She lives in the house and she is the only one on the mortgage which she is in default on. I want her to sell the house and she refuses. I am worried about the bank taking the house. Can this happen? What can I do leagally to...

View more questions Search