Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 11:51 AM
    How to get christened
    :confused: I don't believe in god but want to get christened?how do I do this
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 11:56 AM
    No you don't, christening has to do with God. So if you don't believe you would not want to be christened
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2008, 12:03 PM
    What makes you want to get christened if you don't believe in god? Are you wanting to do this to make people in your family happy?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Being christened does have a direct correlation with believing in God. Do you want this christening to make some statement about your non belief in God?
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jan 15, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by binx
    :confused: i dont believe in god but want to get christened?how do i do this
    Warm greetings, Binx,

I sense that you want to be Christened because of God's inner calling though you say you do not believe in Him. Your disbelief can be due to different reasons including upbringing, other unbelievers speaking to you about not believing, or an experience you may have had that left you wondering about God. The Good News is that since God created you, He may be calling your heart to Join His family of Christians! This may be why you seek to be Christened. The word "Christened" comes from Christ, thus, Jesus Christ. Your soul is all-knowing and knows the IMPORTANCE of being Saved before you leave this world and if you hear that inner calling and have questions about this, then don't feel that I will be judgmental against you, because I will not. Those who hear the call from God are All Welcome to speak to me and I will help them in any way I can to further understand that feeling or calling to become realigned with God.

Briefly, I would like to point you to the following words. "But as many as received Him, to them gave He POWER to become the sons of God, even to them that BELIEVE on His Name." -- JOHN 1:12 (KJV). That means that once you receive Christ you will be given Power by Him to become a son or daughter of God. Once you Believe in the Name of Jesus, things will start to happen in your life. Perhaps it is that you are feeling lonely and miserable and cannot understand why. Perhaps you feel neglected in some way. Know that those feelings are not of God. The adversary, the enemy of God would like to make you feel this way so that you will not seek to be Saved any further. But know that in seeking to be Saved, you are actually making the greatest Spiritual Investment in yourself that you ever could! Blessed truly are those who come to God in the Name of Jesus Christ. Blessed are those who are being called to be Christened In His Name. Are YOU one of these people? If you are and want to know more about how this can be of great spiritual benefit to you, please let me know and I would be very happy to speak further to you about this. I, for one, will not turn you away from the feast that God is preparing for you at His table in your quest to become Christened. Indeed, Jesus sat down with those who did not first Believe. He changed many and they were so much more the better for it! You can be too, so let me know and if thoughts come into your mind that would hamper you from returning, simply think about your desire to get Christened! You will receive the strength to return and I will be here to help you. Go in peace and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Jan 15, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Chistened? What is that?
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jan 16, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen2grace
    Chistened? What is that??
    Christened is another word for becoming Baptized and/or giving a Christian name to a person when they are being Baptized. Since Jesus Christ was baptized by John the Baptist and Scripture says the following about Baptism, many want to assure that they become Baptized at an early age, but any age is preferrable than none.

"And Jesus, when He was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the Heavens were opened unto Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon Him: And lo a voice from Heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." -- MATTHEW 3:16-17 (KJV)

"And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him (John the Baptist) in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins." -- MARK 1:5 (KJV)

Being Baptized by water is one form of Baptism but one should also be Baptized of The Holy Ghost which can come before or after Baptism by water. Scripture says this: "I indeed have baptized you with water: but He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost." -- MARK 1:8 (KJV)

The following Scripture is the bottom line on why it is important to BELIEVE (in Jesus Christ) and be "Christened" or Baptized. "He that believeth and is Baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." -- MARK 16:16 (KJV)

Jan 17, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Oh! All right. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't believe in god but want to get christened [ 12 Answers ]

I am an aethiast and I don't believe in god. The rest of my family is catholic and my mum keeps telling me I should get christened, but I know that if I get christened I have to believe in god. What should I do?:confused:

View more questions Search