Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marie8927 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Banking requirements
    What are the requirements to work at a bank? Like to be a bank teller.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 15, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Honesty, good with numbers and people and the ability to stand on your feet.
    like2smile Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 10:26 AM
    I have to agree with ScottGem having worked in a bank setting those qualities will get you in the door, most banks train you any way. If you look at the job listings in the newspaper or websites most bank tellers need customer service experience usually 6 mo to 1 yr dealing with the public, handling money, the ability to make change without the use of a cash register, basic computer skills, ability to pay attention to details. Good Luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Normally here min requirement high school education, many give pre employment testing involving numbers and math.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Banking [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My husband to be. Is having a problem with getting a bank account . And we have paid the collection agency that we needed to pay . But it takes 30 to 90 days to fix. But we need the money now . I was wondering if he could sign th check over to me and I deposit it in my account. While the bank...

Banking accounts [ 3 Answers ]

Since the FDIC only insures bank accounts up to $100,000, how do you insure over $100,000 in a banking institution?

Banking out of your country. [ 3 Answers ]

I am a student presently following up my post graduate studies.I wish to know is I can open up an account out of my country Cameroun and have access to that account from here.I intend to travel to the us after my degree program to further studies there so I want to start saving money there because...

What is Custodian Banking? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an interview at a custodian bank, but don't understand what it is, or what:confused confused "technology and international network" the bank uses to make money. Also why do other banks use custodian banks, and is it not dodgy to be "moving financial assets around the globe"? How ethical is...

View more questions Search