Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lavia Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 07:20 AM
    Put a setting to the router
    I use the Broad band connection.To use the internet, It's connect to the computer directly, from the ISP said.
    Then, I set up a router to share the internet . But then I can't get the internet. In router,the light of internet is light up and, lan connection light is also light up.
    So , I put off the router and directly connect to the computer. Then it can use the internet.
    Now, my problem is I can't share internet with others computers.
    Then I ask others , they said me , it must put the setting to the router.
    How should I put the setting to the router
    Give me detail instructions clearly.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 15, 2008, 07:57 AM
    Without knowing what router you have its impossible to answer. What I would suggest you do is reconnect the router, making sure its connected properly. From broadband modem to WAN port, then connect PCs to LAN ports. Make sure the PCs are setup to obtain an IP automatically. If it still doesn't work, call the router tech support and have them walk you through the setup.
    gilton Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2008, 04:32 AM
    You just try to get your configuration of your existing computer [IP ADDRESS. SUBNET MASK, GATEWAY, and DNS] configure the same on your New Router. Change your PC IP setting to DHCP (it is not nessory all the internet connection can share to more than one computer- better you ask your ISP).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting up router [ 1 Answers ]

Guys, Am setting up a wireless router for for my laptop. I wish to make the laptop the main computer for reading emails etc. Although I will load the software onto my PC. My ? Is will email go to both computers or only one, I.E. the PC as software will be loaded onto it?

Router within a Router - Connection problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to set up a wireless network to be able to use my laptop, but am having problems getting everything working; The wireless is "Connected" yet I'm unable to access the internet, or ping the default gateway. The current setup consists of a Zyxel Prestige 643 (The "internet gateway", a...

I'm I setting myself up? [ 2 Answers ]

So after a yr my boyfriend dumped me. He was sincerely as close as a person can get to perfect. I treated him poorly by letting my own personal issues, baggage and slight drinking problem get in the way, and every time it would cause an argument, I'd promise to this time be better. He was always...

Setting my ip address [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I haven't got an ip address. I know what your thinking, but I actually haven't got one set. I know what it should be, but I don't know where to set it. Can anyone help me as I need to set my ip address to connect to the net At the moment I am on a really slow laptop.

Setting up DSL with router and Cisco IP phone? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay, I need help. I currently have DSL at my house but now my boss is sending home a router and a Cisco IP phone and I am not sure how to hook it up. They tried to explain but I do better with graphs or detailed explanations as to what specific wire goes to what jack. Can anyone help me? Here...

View more questions Search