Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mdbnny Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 08:27 PM
    My new PC won't boot
    hi there

I just built a new PC. Everything seems to be correctly connected but the PC won't boot. The motherboard's light is blinking whilw trying to turn it on. I thought for a moment it could be an insufficient power supply but even when I unplugged the extra sata hdd and a 2 gb ram barret the problem persists. I have no idea what can be wrong.

configuration:

CPU: AMD athlon 6400+ in AM2 socket
    motherboard: M2N-SLI deluxe
    4 gb ram (2x2gb)
    2 x hdd sata 250 gb
    450w corsar power supplier
    e geforce 8800 gt graphic card
    soundblaster audigy se

thank you for your help
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2008, 10:02 PM
    What do you mean it won't boot, does anything come on the screen? Is there on operating system on the master hard drive? Is there any beeping when the computer is turned on, if so how many beeps or the sequence of beeps? Does the light constantly blink or does it go off at any point and how about cd rom drive, does the light flash when you turn it on?
    Try just using one ram chip at a time and alternate each to confirm it may not be one of the ram chips and the ram is seated firmly.

Jan 15, 2008, 01:42 AM
    Thanks for the reply.
    When I try to turn it on nothing happens at all. The light is blinking constantly (as power comes and goes) with hardly audible clicks. The PC never turned on therefore there's no o/s installed yet. I tried using just one ram chip at a time alternating each without success
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Remove ALL hardware except for video card and Ram and try to start and alos remove those little wires that connect your speakear, audio (anything that is physically connected to your motherboard) only things attatched are video card and ram - no CD rom, no Floppy, anything

If you get to a post screen or something on the monitor, it is one of the devices you disconnected or one of the little wires was backwards
    If same result, try another video card - if same result your mother board

If you get a post screen with only the video and ram installed, set for the cd rom to boot first in the BIOS and when attatching devices back to system, do one device at a time so that you can see which device that was causing issues

Jan 16, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Thanks you for your help. It was a short indeed. Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't boot from CD [ 9 Answers ]

I tried booting from thecd but I cant. I wanted to do XP system repair. It doesn't give the option... I even checked on the BIOS to see if it is the first and the computer is reading the CD drive. Can you help me...

Cannot boot from CD [ 5 Answers ]

I have a bunch of spyware that no program I've tried can get rid of, so I've decided to start from scratch and format. As I understand it I need to boot from my XP cd to do this, here's the problem. The CD-ROM drive that the computer came with is stuck, it turns out. There's an audio CD in it...

Boot [ 2 Answers ]

My PC HP Compaq dx 6120 which has windows xp professional operating system does not start up or boot.When I dried to boot it beeps and followed by red light indicate at the right side near the start burton.How can I solve these problem? In Addition the beeps occur 25 times(five times then pauses...

Boot linux from an external hard drive dual boot? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I boot linex from an external hard drive dual boot. How do I do it ?

Can't see my p.c boot up [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I can't see my computor boot up until it reach's the log in window for windows xp. And then the moniter turns on. i.e I can't get into the bios because I can't see anything. I've installed the correct graphics card driver... Any ideas? :cool:

View more questions Search