Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mthrof2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Need someone else's opinion
    I am 37 weeks pregnant and not really having any strong contractions, haven't even felt braxton hicks often, but I went to the doctor this past Thursday and my doctor said I was 1 cm. I do feel menstrual like cramps, and was told by a friend that she had this same feeling without strong contractions and when she went to the doctor she was 8 cm. This is my second child so my cervix should dilate faster and easier this time... right?. Also I have been seeing thicker mucus with little blood spots and my vagina hurts so bad I can barely wipe when I use the bathroom. Has anyone had a similar experience, or can offer any advice
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Sounds to me like your body is gearing up for labor. I had these symptoms one week-24 hours before my second son was born. Some women don't have a lot of pain when in labor(as your friend.) However, 1 cm isn't that far dilated as of yet, so its understandable that you wouldn't be having very strong contractions yet. I was at a 1 cm with both of my sons for an entire month before they were born. Once you start to have some show(small amounts of pink discharge) it's a pretty sure thing that labor will be starting soon. Good luck
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jan 14, 2008, 08:32 PM
    You just never know how things will go. I went in to labor 5 weeks early with my first. I had a lot of mucous from Sunday until my water broke Wed night/Thurs morning. Wed night I had a lot of pressure like I really had to urinate and couldn't hold it. Once I went to the bathroom I felt fine. Before I knew it my water broke and I was already 5cm dilated. You may want to go and get checked out. Better to go on a false alarm rather than wait too long!
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Jan 15, 2008, 08:56 AM
    I had thick white mucus for about 3-4 weeks before my baby was born. I felt a lot of pressure and pain when I sat down. I was also 1 cm for about 3-4 weeks. I was induced for being one week past my due date so it did not mean anything for me. But EVERY pregnancy is different so you could go any day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is anyone else's mom nuts? [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to do about my mother. My mother has controlled just about everything in my life. I thought after I was married things would change. My husband and I are purchasing a house that will never be ours. We hand over his paycheck to her, all but $200.00 a week. She did help out...

Someone else's medical condition [ 4 Answers ]

I live in an apartment complex. One of the persons that live down stairs from me has an extremely bad chronic coughing problem. They cough all night almost every night that I've been living there. While I'm sorry for his misfortune, I'm not sure that it should have to be my problem. Is there any...

Somebody else's Children! [ 8 Answers ]

Am I the only one know, that it is hard to raise someone else's child or children, and it's a headache!!

Opinion [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone used Ideal In-Sure Push-In Wire Connectors? What is your opinion of them?

View more questions Search