Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marilyn1213 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Sand left after my above ground pool was taken down
    Does anyone have any ideas on what do with the sand that is left in my yard after taking down the above ground pool last fall? Thanks!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 07:55 PM
    If you live in Florida or the south most people would just spread it out on their lawn to add to the drainage of the lawn. If you live up North, you can do the same thing.

Or you can pay your kid $10 an hour to bag it up and give it to someone who wants to start a sandbox play box for kids (provided the cats haven't used it as their private potty yet). Or you can put it into little clear glass jars with a nice label that says Free Sand from Florida or the Sahara Desert or Las Vegas or whatever and give them out at your next wedding as take home gifts. Oh, the possibilities are endless. Let's see... where did I put that list... Or you can use the sand to put in between paver blocks if you are going to do any remodeling of your diveway or patio. Or you can put it into the foot well of your car and say you went to Florida to make the neighbors jealous.

Better yet. Give it or sell it to Florida since they are having so much beach errosion lately. Or North Carolina or South Carolina would be happy as well to take your donated sand.
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jan 16, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Mix some cement and make some artificial rocks like in this tutorial Artificial Rock - Instructional guide and online store

Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

Sand in pool [ 1 Answers ]

My above ground pool always seems to have a sandlike substance in the bottom of the pool. I am using a sand filter for my pool... and my chlorine and ph levels are all fine.I keeps cleaning up the bottom.. and the next day it's back again. What can I do to get rid of it?:confused:

Removal of Sand from old pool [ 1 Answers ]

I just removed my above ground pool and had a landscaper give me an estimate to fill the hole where pool was. He claims I do not have to remove the sand. Can someone tell Me if this is the right thing to do. Thanks, Janet

View more questions Search