Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulo67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2006, 05:02 PM
    Partitions
    Hi this is my first post hope someone can help

OK the problem is this my sister in law was given a PC which she has used for some time, and after finding the hard disk was full of all sorts including xp and everything else that shouldn't be there. OK when we tried to free space we found the drive was partioned. We would like to remove or move the partition to create space. Ideally without a reformat. Can this be done. It needs to be simple as my sister in law is not that computer literate

Thanks for help
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2006, 07:02 PM
    Buy Partition Magic. It was made for such issues.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 7, 2006, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paulo67
    Hi this is my first post hope someone can help

OK the problem is this my sister in law was given a PC which she has used for some time, and after finding the hard disk was full of all sorts including xp and everything else that shouldn't be there. OK when we tried to free space we found the drive was partioned. We would like to remove or move the partition to create space. Ideally without a reformat. Can this be done. it needs to be simple as my sister in law is not that computer literate

Thanks for help
    Why do you want to? Parititoning is a GOOD thing as it allows you to separate things. Instead of trying to combine partitions, you should be using the empty partition. You can uninstall programs and then reinstall them unto the other partition. You can move data files onto the other partition.

I generally have my drives separated into at least three partitions. The C drive is for the operating system only. I then store all my data fiels on the D drive and put all my programs on the E drive.

So before you go out and purchase Partition Magic (whicg is a great utility). See how many partitions on the drive, what their sizes are and how much free space on each. Then look at reorganizing the drives by moving data and/or programs to the other partition.
    STRANGER_OF_UR_DREAMZ Posts: 61, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2006, 09:11 AM
    Partion
    Hi buddy
    Partion magic8 can solve your problems as mr needkarma has said. This is a wonderful utility that helps you :)

jµ$† $hå®îñg mý kñºwlèdgè

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Standards for toilet installation & partitions? [ 2 Answers ]

What is code for distance between wall and back of toilet tank? How much room minimum allowed between front of toilet bowl and partition door? How much minimum allowed between front of partition door and wall outside of stall? Does not need to meet handicapped requirements... Urgently need to...

View more questions Search